A lady's business is her own.

During my time on Lyla, I have often heard people argue that a lady has the right to choose how to run her business, and point out time and again that this is a business like no other and of a very personal nature. Whether it's about who a lady chooses to see (or not see), what she chooses to offer (or not), what she decides to reveal in pictures or in ads, each lady ought to be able to work as they feel comfortable.

It is a sentiment I very much agree with.

Further, I think it's great that there's so much variety, because we are a wacky, diverse species who have a multitude of preferences, comfort levels, attractions, and opinions.

So I'm glad that some ladies prefer to do only professional photos, while others enjoy sharing selfies. I like that some prefer to only hint at what is hidden while others enjoy revealing all. One need only look at any "what do you prefer" type thread to know there'll always be some that like one thing vs another, and no matter what you do you won't please everyone. And so the best thing a lady can do is whatever she feels is right, and let those who value her style come to her.

I also believe that the donation amounts a lady chooses to offer is a personal choice that ought to be up to her and beyond criticism. I'd even go so far as to say that anyone who criticizes a lady's chosen donation amount (whether they think it too high or low) is the one showing a lack of class. If a lady decides the right thing for her is to raise her donation amount, then that should be respected. If a lady decides to offer a promotion, it is her choice to do so. In any event, it should be because the lady feels it's the right thing for her, not because they were pressured or made to feel judged.

Negotiating with or pressuring a lady to lower her rates is surely one of the rudest things someone can do; but I'm not sure making them feel badly about it (high or low) is appropriate either.

I acknowledge I am coming at this from the perspective of a guest, and one with limited experience and a narrow window into this business, so I apologize if anything I've said here is out of line.

• Like 8

Walk into a bank and see how you get screwed over. See a lady, your "screwed", but the experience is so much more pleasurable! :icon_biggrin: It is a business and women can attract their clientele that are willing to pay within their own comfort zone. Like in any business, there are "Walmart shoppers" looking for a deal.

Anyone having a rollback day? Just kidding!