Sign in to follow this  

High number of Fake Ads - Thunder Bay

Guest discr33t

Due to this problem i created 3 threads for local SPs that I will try and keep up to date as I find out info, and would hope others do as well!

I was going to do a visiting thread, but didn't want to over post the board, as this changes quite regularly.

My, view on fake ads, and agree with me if you think its correct, or correct me:

It is the internet aggregators that are filling up most searchable forums with crosslistings and fake ads. Most of these postings are done automatically through utilities. We have less real SPs, so the fakes often drown out the real SPs in TB.

other thoughts

Of course ads that ask you to contact a separate email that looks auto-generated, and outside what the forum provides - who are not reputable providers with history and their own web presence - are fakes.

I also find that the ads posted earliest in the day, are regularly at a time that the SP is not likely to be responding to ads, is the best indication of a fake ad. Ads that quickly move from town to town, where their availability posted would not work (and anyone who travels in and out of TB regularly knows) from the last town to TB and being available.

I confirmed this opinion by keeping a library of posted images to TB, along with advertised phone numbers. Those who change their number often are less likely to be reputable, but there are a lot of throw away phones, so that wouldn't automatically exclude them. I contacted many travelling numbers, even with no reviewed posted connections, who show up twice in TB, using the same photos, and who appear reasonable, not too good to be true. This has proved fruitful for real people, but the pictures are often a little older, or their preparation hasn't been as perfect as the pictures.

In TB we have few real SPs, so their ads get overrun by fakes. To combat this, and to try and stay top of mind, several local SPs post multiple ads and multiple times per day/week. There is also some infighting with SPs I am sure, but likely not as bad as other larger cities.

In a larger centre, there is likey just as many spam ads, but there are more real SPs and services posting. This makes it seems like there is less fakes.

Also, some real SPs may post to a Northern Ontario board, not fully understanding TB is close to toronto, but you need a plane.

BP - is where you will find both the most fake ads, and the most Real visiting SPs currently.

CL - is where you will find the most real locals, but ads are repeated, many are misleading, and also there are some personal security and privacy issues that can occur if you make the wrong connections. Very few real new ads occur here, that don't appear regularly.

CJ (local paper)

is not commonly used, but where you will find a select few local SPs who are long-time established. If there are any travelling SPs who post there, the are usually real and well-advertised in other places. If there is a real new local face posting here, it is often worth checking out. None of these have pictures, so your expectations shouldn't be too far from what you will meet.

One big exception, ladies often under state age, and under state size, body type, but that could be said about most ads likely.