I'm very fortunate and lucky to not only live in this great country but also have the resources to help those less fortunate than me. I give throughout the year because there's always a need but I feel it's more important to give now mostly because Xmas is all about kids to me. It doesn't take much to make a difference. Aside form the usual this year I took the money I normally spend on myself for fun and games ;) and donated it to a variety of charities. The adults in family will receive a card of thanks and a bottle of wine, the kids will get a gift and a card of thanks as it's never too young to learn about giving.

Have a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season and if you can help those who are less fortunate.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

I had 3 ads looking for books for the shelters. I was told by friends who also volunteer their time to help others, that at the time of the Holidays, people who spends their nights at the shelters do not have anything to do except to chat, if they have the spirit to do so...sometimes they do and most of the times they stay lonely. I got the idea of collecting books and I have the trunk of my car full of them. To my surprise, very few Cerbites came with books to me.

I am still waiting and have room for 2 more boxes.....

Mr. Green, if you have books, bring them to me. If someone wants to help me to deliver them I am open to suggestions. I am mobile, but I am also lonely....:-? and books have been my company for many years, too many to recall.....

Books are a great idea, I guess magazines would work as well. I usually donate them to the Salvation Army.

Love to help out Loralee but I don't think I'm within your reach as I'm in Winnipeg.

Happy Holidays

Peace

MG

Recently, I adopted a little girl in West Bank, Gaza Jerusalem. It's something I've always wanted to do, and am so glad that I was finally able to start. Within my welcome package, I came across the coolest idea for Christmas gifts. You can actually buy a village a cow, or chickens, or a well or sheep or fruit trees and countless other necessary items that benefit a family or many.

For my brother and sister's Christmas present this year, I bought a family in Ghana 2 piglets, on their behalf. We'll see how well that goes over. lol

Great idea Mr. Green. I think teaching charity to the young people of today is an extremely important lesson. Good for you for your selflessness.

• Like 1