I'm sure that like me, some of you will be getting together with friends and family this evening to celebrate the Solstice. May the coming year be a good one for you.

November

Guest G***f******

We also had a lunar eclipse last night. Sadly I only read about it after I had already gone to bed.

Good part about winter solstice it;s shortess day of year. From here the days will get longer. Before we know it warm weather will be back.

Happy Yule to everyone!

I am wiccan, so yeah I do celebrate:D

and yesterday was the lunar eclipse...and it happen each 400 years or so...it was fun to celebrate with some friends

I am just glad that the days are going to start getting longer now. If I remember correctly, we will get about 2 minutes per day more sunlight than the day before, and it adds up quickly.

I am just glad that the days are going to start getting longer now. If I remember correctly, we will get about 2 minutes per day more sunlight than the day before, and it adds up quickly.

I dont celebrate the solstice myself, but i'm just happy to hit that turning point. Every year, i find that the lack of narural light tends to pit me in hibernation mode -well almost-.

mistert, I had the same problem a few years ago, virtual hibernation and depression during the winter months. I investigated and purchased a SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) light about 6 years ago and 15-20 minutes a day using the light mad a world of difference to me. About 2 years ago I took vitamin D @ 1000IU/day and ended up forgetting about the SAD light. You might want to investigate either of those options and give one a try.

Every year, i find that the lack of narural light tends to pit me in hibernation mode -well almost-.

Thanks for the tips, Namssa. I heard recently about the lamp, but i didn't know about vitamin D. I'll look at your suggestions.... Have a great one!!!