Seven Reasons to Have Sex Tonight!!!

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but I read this article on CNN.com and I just wanted to pass it along to all of my fellow (including female "fellow", of course) CERBites. I do hope I'm not violating any copyright laws or whatever. I'm assuming that this material is public domain after it's put out there for free for all to read. Enjoy :)!!7 reasons to have sex tonightI often write about the benefits of a healthy sex life in this column, and my colleagues and I at Good in Bed are big champions of the importance of sex in maintaining a healthy relationship.But there are some more surprising benefits of having sex, many of which are just beginning to be explored. An intriguing theme is emerging from the research: Not only does being healthy support your sex life, but sex actually supports your health.1. Look youngerA long-term study of 3,500 people between the ages of 30 and 101 found that regular sex may shave between four and seven years off your physical appearance. Researchers at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital in Scotland presented photos of the subjects to an impartial panel of judges, who were asked to guess their ages. The people who were judged to be the youngest were also those who had the most sex. What?s the connection between youthfulness and getting it on? In addition to boosting self-esteem and confidence, sex increases the production of human growth hormone, which is known to improve muscle tone.2. Get happyIt goes without saying that sex can make you happy and contented, but a paper in the Archives of Sexual Behavior takes this idea one step further. Based on a study of 300 women that correlated condom use with depression, researchers concluded that women who never used condoms were the least depressed, while those women who always used condoms were the most depressed. One reason? The vagina may absorb the mood-boosting hormones and prostaglandins found in semen. It?s an interesting theory, but certainly no reason to advocate unprotected sex. Clearly, an unwanted pregnancy or STD would not increase anyone?s happiness.3. Slim downOn average, sex burns about five calories per minute, depending upon your weight. Even engaging your partner in a hot kiss boosts your heart rate, which in turn increases your body?s caloric burn. Next time you?re too busy to work out, try getting busy instead.4. Fight the sniffles Sex may help fight off colds. In a study at Wilkes University in Pennsylvania, researchers found that college students who had sex once or twice per week had higher levels of immunoglobulin A, an antibody that boosts the immune system.5. Keep the pressure downWant to stress less? Sex could be just the thing to keep you calm. In a study by researchers at the University of Paisley in Scotland, 46 men women were asked to give speeches to an audience who, unbeknownst to the speakers, was told to act bored and disinterested. Afterwards, the participants? blood pressure was taken?those who reported having sex within the last two weeks had the lowest readings.6. Have a heart A recent study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology found that erectile dysfunction (ED) is often an early indicator of poor cardiovascular health. Researchers followed more than 2,300 men for an average of four years and found that men with ED had a 58 percent greater risk of coronary heart disease. Another study showed that men who reported having three or more orgasms per week experienced 50 percent fewer heart attacks and strokes as compared with those who had less frequent orgasms. Sex may help the heart because orgasm triggers the release of the hormone DHEA, which helps with circulation and arterial dilation.7. Live longer For reasons that are still unclear, regular sex may even add years to your life. A study published in the British Medical Journal found that men who had sex less than once per month were twice as likely to die in the next 10 years than those who had sex once per week. And guys aren?t the only ones to benefit: Researchers at Duke University found that women who claimed to enjoy their sex lives lived seven to eight years longer than women who were indifferent to sex.So forget about an apple a day. To feel healthier, look younger, and live longer, an orgasm or two a week may be an effective - and certainly enjoyable - remedy.Ian Kerner is a sexuality counselor and New York Times best-selling author, blogs on Thursdays on The Chart. Read more from him at his website, GoodInBed.Post by: Ian Kerner Ph.D. - sex counselor Filed under: Ian Kerner Ph.D. - sex counselor ? Sex

Guest jake_cdn

Interesting post but I have to admit that the whole time that I was reading it I was thinking ... why is it necessary to have a reason ?

Don1! Cool thread!

Jake_cdn, your observation gave me a good laugh!

Here are my reasons:

Yes i havent had enough sex!

To me the number one reason to have sex

would be to develloppe a deeper connection with a guy whom i know is gone make me laugh and touch me the way i do enjoy and whom i can have an intellectually engaging converssation and futhermore he can make me come over and over and over again. If i can reach for someone like that, these are my reasons.

But if i am horny and i want to masturbate

like Jake_cdn says, why it is necessary to have a reason? Much the less 7 c'ommon Don1, why do you need 7 reasons, too many no?

But Don1 has good points.

I heard a connection between prostate cancer and lack of sex in dead bed marriages.

If i have excellent sex not to be confused with frustrating boring sex.

I am then more relaxed, capable of good mental concentration and with more energy and the next day i am also hornier then ever, wow! Good sex to me makes me desire more sex specially if i get a great lover which are rare!

Do men desire more sex as a result of having great sex? I do? If the sex i had was amazing then yes i want more and right the way. If the sex was boring then i feel sedated.

I think a kiss been an expression of a deeper emotion, thus a good kiss not only increase the heart rate but also it also leads to trouble no? I guess i am female and as a result my emotions are not as simple.

Sex it is the answer, what is the question again?

Edited by Amanda Bella

Hey folks, I didn't make up these reasons. I'm just passing along scientific data. Of course, having sex as an end in itself is, I believe, our raison d'etre on this earth. Make love, not war (60s expression. I'm dating myself here).Why do epople always have to make arguments out of everything?!

Don1! Cool thread!

Jake_cdn, your observation gave me a good laugh!

Here are my reasons:

Yes i havent had enough sex!

To me the number one reason to have sex

would be to develloppe a deeper connection with a guy whom i know is gone make me laugh and touch me the way i do enjoy and whom i can have an intellectually engaging converssation and futhermore he can make me come over and over and over again. If i can reach for someone like that, these are my reasons.

like Jake_cdn says, why it is necessary to have a reason? Much the less 7 c'ommon Don1, why do you need 7 reasons, too many no?

But Don1 has good points.

I heard a connection between prostate cancer and lack of sex in dead bed marriages.

If i have excellent sex not to be confused with frustrating boring sex.

I am then more relaxed, capable of good mental concentration and with more energy and the next day i am also hornier then ever, wow! Good sex to me makes me desire more sex specially if i get a great lover which are rare!

Do men desire more sex as a result of having great sex? I do? If the sex i had was amazing then yes i want more and right the way. If the sex was boring then i feel sedated.

I think a kiss been an expression of a deeper emotion, thus a good kiss not only increase the heart rate but also it also leads to trouble no? I guess i am female and as a result my emotions are not as simple.

Sex it is the answer, what is the question again?

The original study (written by Dr. Kerner, and as posted on CNN) quoted by Don1 may not be well titled .... they may not only be reasons but effects of sex...

Hey folks, I didn't make up these reasons. I'm just passing along scientific data. Of course, having sex as an end in itself is, I believe, our raison d'etre on this earth. Make love, not war (60s expression. I'm dating myself here).Why do epople always have to make arguments out of everything?!

Interesting study you passed along, Don, but i do not think either Amanda or jake_cdn are making arguments out of everything except to say that albeit the effects of sex on the body and mind, they just wanted to say, as you pointed out yourself, that regardless, it's a nice activity to partake in.

Guest jake_cdn
I got another reason to have sex, a great erection pointing

in my direction, hahahahahaha!

Amanda

Amanda,

You are correct a great reason is an erection pointing at you...could not be more true.