Sign in to follow this  

Morgan's Ride - Help make Morgan's name a household name

Hi folks,

My friend sent me a email about this amazing girl. I was very inspired by her courage and resolution, and I would like to share her story with you (if you don't know her story yet) - great cerbite folks.

so who is Morgan? Here is from her website:

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]A striking young woman, Morgan Van Breda is a person who was dealt a curve ball early in her life. At 23 years old, while on vacation in tropical Cuba, Morgan experienced a freak accident on a soccer field that would render half of her body paralyzed. Surviving the accident, Morgan was diagnosed as paraplegic â?? meaning, she had paralysis of the lower part of the body, including her legs.

With great courage and dedication, she began a specialized physiotherapy program that has helped her tremendously in her recovery over the past few years. Refusing to be a victim of tragedy, Morganâ??s work has turned into a relentless fight to survive, restore her body to full capacity, and act as a beacon of hope for others in her situation.

She has now dedicated her life to the pursuit of new and viable treatment options for people with spinal cord injuries â?? to help push beyond the boundaries and limitations â?? to heal â?? and be healed.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

She will be taking the challenge to ride bike (with her two HANDS) across India (4900 km) in 7 weeks, from Jan. 29, 2011, to raise awareness and funds for spinal cord injuries and treatment.

She might be well compared with our Terry Fox! She has a big dream too!

As far as I know, she has not got much media attention yet. So please help and spread the story if you could.

Here are her websites:

[url]http://morgansride.com/[/url]

If you want to donate, you can go to this site(there is link from Morgan's site too) :
[url]http://theableproject.com/[/url]