Sign in to follow this  

Calgary SP's - What can Shift do for You?

[B][I]What is Shift?[/I][/B]
Shift provides support services to adults currently and formerly working in the sex industry to improve their quality of life and achieve individualized goals. We have a harm reduction and rights based approach to sex work; this means that the safety and human rights of sex workers are our focus. We recognize that sex work is a choice for many in the industry, and we respect the rights of adults to make this choice.

[B][I]What Does Shift Do?[/I][/B]
Shiftâ??s services are non-judgmental, free, and easy to access. We work with you to identify your goals and needs, and then support you with obtaining the tools and resources needed to achieve them. These supports can be things like counseling, education, advocacy, and skills development - or practical supports such as referrals or emergency funding. We can also work with you around sex work specific issues such as obtaining licensing, managing personal relationships, working safely (date screening, condom negotiation), and transitioning out of the industry.

[B][I]How can I contact Shift?[/I][/B]
If you would like to get in touch with us, give us a call at (403) 237-8171 or e-mail us at [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]. We respect and hold the confidentiality of those we work with in the highest; we also let you choose how much personal information you share with us. Real name, phone number, and other information is not required to access supports from us.