Sign in to follow this  

â??How Poetry Saved My Life: A Hustlerâ??s Memoirâ?�

"[I]My acceptance speech at the Vancouver Book Award â?? Written on November 23, 2013 by amberdawn

Here is how I composed my speech in my mind. Whether or not I delivered it as such â?¦ ? I should also add that I tried use a tiny podium lamp as a microphone (oops)

To the Book Award Jury: Your job was not easy. Thank you for your work.

To authors Jancis, Brad, Sean, Harold and Robin: We haKim Vigilante: photo creditve invested in this city in very different and dynamic ways. Congratulations to all of us for creating this testament to Vancouver.

To Brian Lam and Arsenal Pulp Press: You are a publisher that understands the vital connection between the written word and lived experiences. I donâ??t know if we will save any lives with my book, but we will certainly honour them!

I accept this award also as a victory for other sex workers and survivors, and for the tenacious and dignified peoples of the Downtown Eastside.

Please let my voice be only one that we listen too. Please let my story be one of many that we celebrate.[/I]"

[COLOR="Magenta"][B]Amber Dawn is the winner of this yearâ??s City of Vancouver Book Award.
[/B][/COLOR]
[url]http://www.amberdawnwrites.com/[/url]