Hey CERBites,

I have had my iphone for a little over a year and love it. Still, I don't feel I have availed myself of the best out there in terms of Apps....

So.... what is your favorite App?

Guest **cely***r***ne

I dont have an iPhone...but I get the same apps....My fave is Bump!

Angrybirds; Tapatalk to access CERB on the go; Shazam; Mobile Mouse; any cooking apps ... to name just a few.

Guest jake_cdn

I know that it is boring but my favorite is still ask.com - use it all the time

I just got MusicID for all of 99 cents! I love it. I guess it's similar to Shazam. but I'm constantly asking who does that song? when I hear one.. so this is perfect. I just hold my iphone up to the song and in seconds it gives me the song title and album with photo.

Guest jake_cdn

Just installed two apps and they are amazing. They are Dragon Search and Dragon Dictation.

Dragon Search allows you to say what information that you are looking for and it initiates a search through all major search sites. Pick and obscure reference and try it

Dragon Dictate allows you to speak to the iPhone and the app converts your voice to text. This very useful when sending longer text messages. You simply say your message and copy the converted text to your iPhone messages. It saves a lot of time especially if you are not in a position to type long text messages dur to current locations/distractions

Carrie, thanks for suggesting MusicID. I just downloaded it last night and put it through it's paces. It's incredible!

I tried it with early blues, jazz, Latin, classical, rock, soul, R&B, vocals, instrumentals... It was successful about 80-90% of the time, but that included a lot of really obscure music and music that's probably been deleted by labels or never been digitized.

Photosynth is my favourite app. It's a 360 degree photo app and the results are amazing. It's an immersive experience. It really is just like being there, whether the image was taken indoors or outside. You can look up, down, left, right, behind you... Every time I show people a picture taken with it they can't believe it.

There are several different 360 degree apps, but this one is the easist to use and produces the best results. you can view the results on your iPhone and you can also upload them to the photosynth site. The web site also has tips on how to get the best results.

In addition to being able to take a picture from one viewpoint, you can also take pictures from various points around an object, building etc and then rotate the resulting image.

http://photosynth.net/

• Like 1