• Green
    • Liberal
    • NDP
    • Other Left Wing
    • Other Right Wing
    • None of the Above

Guest W***ledi*Time

For the ladies:

I'm curious as to the overall political leanings of Cerbites, so I thought I'd open a poll - "In the Federal Election of 2 May 2011, who do you intend to vote for?" I'm going to leave the poll open for five days. Near the end of the election campaign, I'll open another poll and see if views have changed.

Note that I'm setting it up as two separate polls - one poll for ladies and one poll for gents. There are obvious reasons why views might differ between the two. It will be interesting to see.

There's plenty of political debate going on, and political views expressed, on other threads.

Guest W***ledi*Time
wheres the poll oops found guess you have to reply to thread to vote.

When anyone starts a poll, the post gets posted first, then the poster adds the poll options. Inevitably, it takes a couple of minutes to type in the poll options. You can see from the time-stamps that it took me two minutes to add the poll to this post. You looked at it during that two-minute lag, before the options got typed in - that's why you didn't see the poll at first. You do not have to reply to the thread to vote.

Please note that this is the ladies' poll. Gents are requested to vote in the gents' poll.

Well, I am not a PC supporter and after an interesting 10days in NFLD and taking part in my first ever PC rally I can tell you that Stephen Harper you do not have my vote. I have volunteered for various political parties in the past, but never in my life have I met such self centred shallow individuals as I did this Thursday past.

• Like 1

I am pleased that the ladies are to the left of the guys. I hope. though. that more ladies vote.

Guest W***ledi*Time

Thanks for voting, everyone! It's interesting that the ladies who voted tend to lean more towards the left of the political spectrum than do the gents. This is the result I expected, based on my impressions of the Cerb community - and on my idea of which issues might carry more weight with the ladies than with the gents, and vice versa.

Only 10% of the ladies chose the Conservatives, while 37% of the gents did so. On the other hand, 45% of the ladies chose NDP, Green, or Other Left Wing, compared to only 20% of the gents. A small but interesting sample of opinion. I'll post another poll in the last week of the election campaign.

Poll results ......... Gents ..... Ladies

Conservatives ....... 37% ..... 10%

Liberal .................. 31% ..... 25%

NDP ...................... 12% ..... 35%

Green ..................... 7% ..... 10%

Bloc Quebecois ........ 3% ...... 5%

Other Left Wing ........ 1% ...... 0%

None of the Above .... 9% ..... 15%