As many of you know, lyla recently held a contest where hobbyists nominate providers who they admire and who's posts have impacted them. (which was an incredibly successful campaign and made a great impact on more than just the winners) Lyla then tweeted asking for ideas on what the next one should be and I piped up with

"Thinking face

Well how bout the opposite contest? Howbout we vote4hobbyists whos tweets or posts have impacted us positvly?I always say I have the best clients in the world Y not give them some props? Only issue I see is hurt feelings perhaps votes can B anon? I think our boys desrv som lov2. I think a contest like this will serve to help undo a lot of the stigma & stereotypes of what clients are like. So much has been done&still is for the SW side of things but not much for the clients &u end up w/things like C36 as a result I think the reason 4voting should be tweeted out but the name remain anon & sent by DM or PM to lyla. Theme song can be 'Lets Hear It For The Boys' or 'Its raining Men' lol although thats not fair to female and non binary hobbyists but hey its a generalization of the vast majority on the forum Idk just ideas...."

WHOA! Well the emoji wasnt THAT big but... ok lol 

this triggered some tweets from others which I wont post simply cuz well, its not right to without permission.. but basically folks agreed and elaborated on the side-benefits of a contest like this & offered their own insight. 2 providers also chimed in about how sad this situation is and how much they benefit spiritually/mentally/emotionally..whatever u want to call it.

This twitter thread inspired me to post what you see below in black and pink.  I think its time we do what we can to chip away at the long held stigma surrounding who people refer to as 'Johns' and I refer to as Gents. So I thought Id start a thread here and see if anyone here would like to discuss it.

Providers: Keep in mind that this isn't the contest and it seems likely Lyla will use it for a contest down the road, if not the next one. So remember, this isn't about nominating anyone specific, thats coming soon and the voting will likely be private.  So its probly best to leaves names out for this thread. i dont want to micro manage but i dont want to ruin the contest either, should the use that topic. 

There's a video version just cuz Im nerdy and its fun and a simple image version. The vid version can be expanded and paused,

Sending u all a  dose of good energy !!!

JessyCeleste

xoxo xxx

Text Only: Tell me if not safe to reply after 2hrs have lapsed: 438-2743853

Twitter:@JessyCeleste1

InstaGram: @JessyCelesteSP

URL: www.JessyCeleste.com

Whos John - Copy.jpg

• Like 4

Guest lydiahardwood

LOVE this, Jessy! I will definitely be doing a competition along these lines, it's such a great idea to make Clients feel valued but also break some stigma. As you say, so many people think "Johns" are exploitative, misogynistic pigs but the vast majority are far from that, as you can see from the guys who use Lyla!

To do it anonymously we could use a surveymonkey form or something, with a link to their Lyla account? But I wonder if it's easier to just tag Lyla handles instead? Open to suggestions 🙂

Oh ya thats def an option but I imagined the girls simply PMing you the names of their nominations.

Its of course totally up to you guys.

Thanks for the compliment!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Thanks for suggesting that !!

Makes sense that anonymous nominations would likely be both the safest, and also would remove the pressure that SPs might otherwise feel (even if the clients don't intend it) from their clients to nominate them.

In addition, if there was a (constructive 🙂 ) way that clients could receive (perhaps anonymous) feedback on how to make their interaction easier /better for the SPs, taking that would be another way we could express our thanks... lol...  perhaps that's another conversation for another day.

Isn't there already such a thread? Idk I thought there was but then again I could've sworn there was a 'funny vids found on youtube' one that i either started or at least participated in and i couldn't find it today so.. maybe as the site changed hands, certain threads were lost. ? Not sure. Run a search for it and if it doesn't exist, why not start one!

Thank you for thanking me and thank you for your ideas! kisses!

Edited by JessyCeleste
  • Like 1