Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know this book? Help me out! :)

It was the summer between grades 6 & 7, I was 12 years old, and the year was 1997. I went to the library to pick out some books to read and went into the "young adult" section.

I read a book about a 16-year-old girl whose parents were divorced and lived in different states. She really didn't want to live with either, so she told them both she was living with the other and set out to face the world on her own. She got a fake ID and worked as a stripper to pay the bills. The book was all about her underage stripping, the adventures, the clients, the money, the challenges, etc. The author also used the word "fuck" a lot in the book which shocked my 12-year-old mind LOL.

As young as I was, after reading this book I decided I wanted to be a stripper. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of this book. It had such an impact on my life, I would like to read it again. If I recall correctly, the book was white with a picasso-like woman on the cover, and I believe the title was one word, something like "frozen" or "stripped" but I could be wrong. It's been a long time.

Can anybody help me out?

I've tried searching "stripping fiction" and stuff like that, but no luck.