Sign in to follow this  

Another text scam

Hey everyone,  I just got this text, says we met and thinks I'm great, lots of sweet words etccc,  doesn't know I'm a guy, lol, so offers to send me a money gift by e-transfer just because he had a fantastic time with me, lol,,,, and asks me to give him my email to send it. I politely decline, but he insisted we have met and would love to show his appreciation. Ok we are not dumb, but some may not know this type of scam, so don't fall for this ,  they persist asking to give them your email for your e-transfer bank deposit,  they can get into your account and steal  money from your bank account because once they try to send it  ,it automatically shows your real name  and bank you use, they can easily track this and go into your account and take your money,  if this happens to you, call your bank right away and report it!! These scammers are getting really good at different ways to scam you.  I did call my bank and they confirmed that this is a scam they have dealt with. If someone texts you offering a "money gift" for no reason, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR EMAIL ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. Unless you meet them in person for an appointment first. These fu$%kers are getting better and better at scamming . Be careful everyone  and really pay attention to what someone says to you, sends you an offer by text, email or other means. Just a warning ⚠️  Stay safe everybody ,cheers 

Edited by Karltrucker