I'll be registering a corporation very soon and will need the services of an accountant. I was wondering if any SPs have some good recommendations for accountants that are good at what they do but who are also friendly to sex workers (and of course, discrete, since I run another unrelated business)??

Guest W***ledi*Time
... and of course, discrete ...

Professional accountancy is all about discretion. Accountants are considered dull, but they've all seen stuff that would make your head spin. If anyone knows about the dark side of human foibles, it would be them. They just can't tell anybody about it due to their professional code of conduct - hence, they seem dull.

(sorry ... back to the thread, ha ha ...)

True, but I would imagine it would be easier to work with someone who is cool with the industry? Maybe it's just my personal preference. My lawyer is TOTALLY cool with it so I have no problems there. Would love it if I could get an accountant that felt the same way (even though they shouldn't.. it's kind of like seeing a doctor who's really good with treating women instead of someone who's not so great).

Guest W***ledi*Time

Absolutely, you were quite clear. My comment was addressed solely to the discretion remark, not to the rest of it.

Did you ever find your accountant?

Not yet. I have a few leads but I'm adding them to a list so I can interview them. Have you got any recommendations or are you looking too?

Professional accountancy is all about discretion. Accountants are considered dull, but they've all seen stuff that would make your head spin. If anyone knows about the dark side of human foibles, it would be them. They just can't tell anybody about it due to their professional code of conduct - hence, they seem dull.

(sorry ... back to the thread, ha ha ...)

Boy is this ever true...Financial Advising/Planning is similar...