I am really thinking that this Air Canada strike could cramp my travelling style in a BIG way! :frown: For us ladies who tour, we need to book everything well in advance and our schedules need to run Tickety Boo. Although, I am thinking this is going to be making me cry Boo Hoo! Let's hope this clears up soon so we can all still feel like we are staying on track! (Crossed Fingers)

WESTJET BABY WESTJET !!

Better prices & way better service.

I don't use anyone else for domestic flights.

They are branching out to new destinations all the time.

http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/destinations/ is where they go now.

They have seat sales constantly & if

you call for any reason, their customer service

is phenomenal.

http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/flights/

1-888-937-8538 (1-888-WESTJET)

They actually helped me take 25 pounds

of live crab from Vancouver to Windsor one year.

My sister's favourite meal & it was her birthday gift.

The girl on the phone just suggested I wrap them in

newspaper & line them with plastic in

my checked luggage & the cold of the belly of the plane

would be sufficient to keep them until I touched down.

Most of them were still alive when I got them home.

No extra charge, it was just baggage & no one said a word.

THAT to me is customer care.

I can't say enough good about them.

Best of luck,

Sandi

I agree they need to strike to stand up for what they want. I will be patient and I wont complain, no matter the delays. As much as Air Canada screws me over almost all the time with losing my luggage, etc (I have the WORST travel luck out of anyone I have ever met). With the perks air canada offer their frequent fliers (a free second and third bag for one) West Jet and Porter cant compete with and I will never give either of them a penny of my business ever again.

Plus keep in mind in Atlantic Canada, Air Canada is the only airline to service some cities.

When they do strike I will wait it out and just allow for extra time to get where I need to go....I hope they get what they are fighting for.

WestJet is fantastic. When we moved from Toronto to Vancouver, Air Canada wasn't allowing pets in the baggage compartment of the airplane. We had two cats and an African Grey parrot. They wanted to ship them cargo, at completely different times, meaning that the animals would be somewhere alone at one end of the journey or the other, for five hours. And they wanted to charge $520, too.

WestJet allows two crates of domestic animals per flight, reserved ahead of time. So, the cats went into one crate, the bird into the other, they were fussed over all the way from the terminal into the heated baggage section, and then, when we landed in Vancouver, they were off-loaded and carried into the special handling area, safe and sound. I paid $50 per crate for the service.

Don't forget Porter Airlines: http://www.flyporter.com

If we allowed other carriers to fly our skys more freely, no one would care about a strike.

Maybe a strike is just what this country needs to get it to reconsider it's position on what is basically a monopoly.

Whenever I can, I fly Porter and I love it.