Sex, price and preferences: accounting for unsafe sexual practices in prostitution...

Having documented the price penalty for condom use, it would be interesting to speculate on why for a mere 7% gain, workers would opt for an unhealthy practice.

I cannot get access to the entire paper so I don't know if the authors drilled down that far (or were able to). For such a marginal yield, I wonder of there are other factors which play into the workers' decision to provide unsafe services?

It's good this kind of data is being generated however.

quite interesting,but not unexpected. Compared to countries in Europe and Asia where prostitution is on large scales compared to Canada the demand for uncommon/unusual practices increases due to the large supply of workers. This cause an effect is the same with anything in economics. Also is human nature to want what you can't get, and in competitive markets for some workers to make a living they will resort to unsafe practices. The same can be said about BBBJ's in Canada, yet an unsafe practice it is an expected/sought after service (from what I've been told by SP's) and to not lose clients many offer this service against their better judgement.