I'm wondering if hobbiests find these valuable?

I've been thinking of starting my own lately even if just for my own personal development.

I'd love to hear from SPs/MAs who use this and from others who read them.

Thanks in advance.

Sky

When I come across them, I do read them. Just as some SP's want to know more detail about potential clients, some hobbiests also want a glimpse of something unique about an SP that would entice them to set up an appointment. It makes the first meet and greet more comfortable and friendly to me. That's another thing about a forum- it allows interaction (albeit anonymous) between the groups that shows something about personalities.

I'm wondering if hobbiests find these valuable?

I've been thinking of starting my own lately even if just for my own personal development.

I'd love to hear from SPs/MAs who use this and from others who read them.

Thanks in advance.

Sky

I know I for one would enjoy hearing your thoughts on a number of matters. I have enjoyed our handful of conversations on politics and other social matters. I say go for it!

I like them because it helps potential clients get a better sense of an sp/ma's personality, so it's easier to tell if there might be chemistry there.

Interesting question.

Absolutely, if there's a lady I'm interested in and I come across her blog, I will look around to get a sense of her style, personality and interests. If the content and presentation is professional, that tells me something about her sense of pride and dedication to her clients and this could make my choice easier.

Having said that, a well-put together website that answers all the basic questions well is probably all that is really required. A blog is a great way to put a personal, creative touch on things, and if you want to try your skills in a new way, then by all means. Your choice!

Just a quick, hopefully sensible ramble.

The ability to peruse and read through a blog written by an SP for me is a really fun and interesting thing to be able to do. I VERY much enjoy knowing a little about the person that I am in contact with and a well done blog provides glimpses outside of the normal pervue of an ad or even a well written and well designed personal website.

For me what I enjoy is that a blog tends to be more personal or ofttimes even frivilous and demonstrates another side of a person.

Is it necessary, absolutely not, because for me my contacts by PM and email before an encounter always give me the insights or gut feelings that I am seeking, but a blog that is maintained and updated and combines fun and serious and everything in between is a treat to read.

I thoroughly enjoy reading a couple of blogs that I follow now by two ladies (Sp's).

Do I find them valuable? To a degree, they give some insight to that individual,their personality,their likes and dislikes.

The two I follow are regularly updated, so I find it kind of neat reading their week of work,or other personal matters.

Mind you it could be tedious work keeping your blog updated all the time.

Sky

On a practical note, I would suggest you begin by "blogging to yourself" for a while, i.e. offline.

It is a really hard discipline to write everyday or even just regularly every so often. Without that regularity of new entry or content, the blog withers, becoming a somewhat embarrassing monument/"failure" forever lurking in the recesses of the Internet.

Just an observation/experience to consider.

CB

• Like 1

a blog is like a public diary or amateur newspaper column, right?

i will definately say that getting an idea of an SP's personality helps me get interested in meeting her, so it can't hurt. at the same time, a lot of this social networking stuff is kinda lost on me. i'm not that old, but i just never got into this facebook/twitter etc stuff. but most people seem to love it. sometimes i am walking around and i feel like the only person not squinting into a little screen.

I used to keep a blog associated with my website and I use it not only to announce important updates, but also just to ramble about things that are going on in my life that I think clients might find interesting or relevant. I also used to write about sex work, generally.

I haven't had time to start up a new one but I think I might again in the new year.

I also read sex worker blogs fairly often. There are a ton of really good ones out there including Lusty Day, Sunny Drake, Juliet November (Born Whore), Mariko Passion, etc.

• Like 1