The art of slow reading

Guest W***ledi*Time

I love sitting down with a good book.

I'm not a fan in anyway of reading a book on a screen or an ebook reader there is just something about having the book in your hand and turning the pages that I like.

I'm currently reading the 2nd book in the Game of thrones and I'm loveing the series The TV show on HBO is great but the book is sooooooo much better.

I have recently discovered Google Books in the past year. I love my Samsung Tablet. All my books are in one place, and portable.

I have found that I read much more because my books are on the tablet. Also, I can turn off the light and read the books in reverse contrast which is very soothing to my eyes.

Also, I can make notes on my books and that is awesome.

As with many things in life balance is a key.

One cannot argue against the value of the internet as a resource for information. It is truly an unbelievable tool. From little snippets first heard about on the news, to little snippets heard during conversations to little snippets referred to here on Cerb, the net allows one to look further and delve deeper into topics of interest.

Phaedrus quite accurately and correctly aslo pointed out the fact that one can tend to get 'side tracked', but like him I do not feel that this is necessarily a bad thing.

Books however, true books - with covers and paper pages that have to be physically turned are my true sources of enjoyment and escape. To take that time as I do every single day to walk away from the computer, the radio and television, to sit and curl up on the couch and immerse oneself into the world of fiction is a treat like no other.

I DO read a real book in a very different way from the way that I read anything on the internet.

A slow reader I am and proud of it.

Guest M*****ss****e
I love sitting down with a good book.

I'm not a fan in anyway of reading a book on a screen or an ebook reader there is just something about having the book in your hand and turning the pages that I like.

I know what you mean Bear. I started a book early yesterday evening, and didn't put it down until the wee hours of the morning when I finished the very last page lol. I'm one of THOSE :P

I know what you mean Bear. I started a book early yesterday evening, and didn't put it down until the wee hours of the morning when I finished the very last page lol. I'm one of THOSE :P

I agree there are some books that are sooo good I just can't put them down need to know whats going to happen next.

I'm about to start book 3 have about 50 pages to go in book 2 of the game of thrones can't wait.

what book were you reading lana ?