Toronto Police Enforcement Policy

Guest W***ledi*Time

I've been confused about the following for a while now and was too shy to ask before...

"The appeal court, however, ruled that the offence of communicating for the purposes of prostitution should remain on the books."

Is there a distinction made between communicating for the purposes of prostitution and solicitation or does solicitation fall into the same clause?

If I was a street worker and a gentleman approach me to find out about my 'services' and prices that would fall into the communication clause, correct?

If I approached a gentleman on the street and offered him my 'services' that would be solicitation.

Is it considered all the same thing under the law?

I've been confused about the following for a while now and was too shy to ask before...

"The appeal court, however, ruled that the offence of communicating for the purposes of prostitution should remain on the books."

Is there a distinction made between communicating for the purposes of prostitution and solicitation or does solicitation fall into the same clause?

If I was a street worker and a gentleman approach me to find out about my 'services' and prices that would fall into the communication clause, correct?

If I approached a gentleman on the street and offered him my 'services' that would be solicitation.

Is it considered all the same thing under the law?

"Communicating for the purposes of prostitution" is the same as "soliciting," yes. For the most part, "soliciting" broadly applies to sex workers who approach people in public places to offer sexual services, while "communicating" has broadly applied to men who approach women, usually but not always on the street, to ask about sexual services. But the terms can be used interchangeably.

Its weird how all a sudden cops are involved trying to find john. Like isnt there other ImPORTANT things too worry about. And I think we all should know how dangerous picking a girl off the street by now.

Other the other review page(terb) had an incident how the cops were outside the hotel room waiting for the johns to come and apparently the john didnt get arrested but had a warning. So i guess its now dangerous to do incalls. I hope not