Tipping Etiquette?

I'm going to be visiting Barrie on a business trip and will be looking for a little r&r. I'm a relative newbie, and haven't called upon a lovely SP in a couple years now.

Anyway, those times that I had called an SP I found that they tend to expect a hefty tip usually as much or more than the advertised fee up front. Is this normal, or did they sense I was new and went for the throat? (well, wallet)

What is proper tipping etiquette? I don't want to be insulting or anything, I just perfer to know the costs up front. What do you hobbs and SP's concider a good tip for an hour or two with a gfe?

Tips are generally not expected by the real pros, but always appreciated. I think it's bad form for a girl to demand a tip, although in some places, there's a rate for the girl to show up and if you want anything other than just her being there, there's an extra 'fee'.

As for how much, that's up to you. I think $50 for an hour would be a nice gesture, more if you're happy with the service and have the means.