let me start this off by saying i do not have a green thumb nor am i one to go to the library and look this up. lazy , yes. my wife always said i was stuborn. well anyway, 4 years ago i bought her an orchid plant. i didnt know what it was , it just looked nice and the fresh cut flowers didnt. i would buy fresh cut flowers or whatever not for any reason other than i cared. not because it was her birthday or valantines day, just because i cared and knew she liked them.well i bought her this plant, orchid, she said no one had ever bought her an orchid before( like i knew what it was, yea right) it just looked nice. well , now that she has passed away i am trying to keep it alive. every year it has bloomed but this year.it grew new roots near the bottom. i keep it watered and give it miracle grow every once in a while. oh yea, it grew 2 new leaves this year. my question is, am i doing the right things for it or are there other things i should be doing? i only have west facing light to give it .it is indirect light. thanks.

• Like 2

I hope you're able to salvage it, for personal reasons if nothing else. I don't know much about orchids except to know that they're fussy.

Good luck to you! A dear friend (and client) gave me some Christmas cactus cuttings years ago. We did just what we were supposed to with them and.... nothing.

As is so often the case in my business, I never knew what happened to my dear friend. He just dropped out of sight. I had no way of knowing whether he suffered a stroke (a good possibility for him) or passed away or what. But we held onto those cuttings he gave us. They didn't wither and die; nor did they grow.

About two years after he gave them to us, they suddenly took off! We have a couple pots of Christmas cactus here that bloom beautifully every year now.

Who knows?