There seems to be a growing problem with some people not respecting the privacy and personal lives of our lovely ladies in this city, and I would like to see if we can all come up with ideas that will help increase a level of security to avoid this problem of stalkers and make this a more pleasurable business!

Please post any idea that you may have to increase the security such as Emma did in another post with her friends list! If we can all come together to make everyone feel a little safer, we can all have more fun.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP NOW!

Apex

put apex on your ingonre list.........hahahahaa...

sorry dude....

I am all with yu on this one.....

Guest C*****tte

A few ideas to get things started...

Personal : If you are an experienced client contact ladies you have seen in the past and ask them if you can use them as a reference. For future appointments with new ladies provide this reference. It goes a long way to make us feel and be safe. The more comfortable we are with a client the better time the client will have.

Political : Support the decriminalization of sex work would help. Support local sex worker resource groups during their fundraising campaigns (Like http://chezstella.org/ in Montreal and http://www.maggiestoronto.ca/ in Toronto). Write to your MPs that you feel sex work should be decriminalized. I and other can provide links to excellent articles explaing why this would make everyone safer. *

* I am working today so I just have a quick second to respond. I will post some relevant links if people want later today or tomorrow.

Events that happen to make any of the ladies feel unsafe is a crime in it's own. I could'nt agree with you more that we need to do all we can to make everyone feel safe.

But how else can a Hobbiest make an SP feel safe?

I recomend that all apointments be confirmed by a phone with unblocked number and ie number's only and not name. That way the SP can give the number to LE if a prob occurs! Numbers can be traced by the LE but not the SP!

I don't think.

Apex

I recomend that all apointments be confirmed by a phone with unblocked number and ie number's only and not name. That way the SP can give the number to LE if a prob occurs! Numbers can be traced by the LE but not the SP!

I don't think.

Apex

Not to rub it in but this is why every SP/Companion should have an established and effective screening process!

i.e FULL name, ID, phone number and one or two recommendations!

;)

xox

• Like 1

Not to rub it in but this is why every SP/Companion should have an established and effective screening process!

;)

xox

Let's not got there again!

LOL

Apex:smile:

Guest W***ledi*Time

By cheerfully following her own specified screening requirements to the letter. Without arguing. Each individual is the ultimate arbiter of what is needed to make themselves feel comfortable and safe.

Guest C*****tte

I don't think.

Apex

Clients have been known to use throw away phones so without a full name the number is not useful.

It'll all be good once we get rid of every mentally unbalanced person out there...the guys who stalk and the girls that do too. Not limited to this industry, everyone in general. Other than that, not much can be done unless you can change the world. No offense, but these daily utopian fantasies are becoming tired. Noble sure, but ultimately pretty fruitless...

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Guest Ou**or**n

Personally I have no problem with calling from personal cell phone. I also think booking by pm is a good idea (some ladies seem to have issues with pm's here but I don't understand that). Email doesn't give any security because of the use of disposable addresses. I've also had an sp or two send out announcement emails with all their clients in the To: box instead of the BCC: box (arggg).

I wouldn't have a problem giving a reference but with the rate of turnover of ladies in this business or the use of agencies then it can be difficult. Also given how much trouble I have sometimes getting in contact with an SP I wonder how successfully a reference can be checked. Some of the ladies I've seen are part-time and that could also hinder reference checking.

I understand the need to balance discretion with safety (face it, these are not mutually compatible goals unfortunately). I believe that references are good, but not always possible. Pics can be a good idea but some guys find that over the line. I like pm's from this board because my IP address is logged and if push came to shove that IP could be obtained and LE could track me through my ISP. Yes it can be defeated by using Wi-Fi hotspots other means but at least its something.

In the end there are a few things I truly don't understand. To me the best safety is regular clients, yet many SP's quite frankly don't inspire repeat business (the better ladies like Charlotte, Ava, Paige, Brook-Lynn et al are different of course). For all the ladies seen by all the gents in this city, there are actually scant few recommendations posted. I know those of us on CERB are only a minority of all the hobbiests out there (it would be interesting to know from the ladies what % of their clients use this board).

Getting rid of our archaic bawdy house laws would be huge step in the right direction and I do support those groups that are advocating changes to the law or pursuing court challenges.

In the end, I completely respect whatever any given lady needs to ask for to feel comfortable. If it doesn't work for me, I just book with someone else. It's a business and any business transaction needs to work for both parties.

Personally I have no problem with calling from personal cell phone. I also think booking by pm is a good idea (some ladies seem to have issues with pm's here but I don't understand that). Email doesn't give any security because of the use of disposable addresses. I've also had an sp or two send out announcement emails with all their clients in the To: box instead of the BCC: box (arggg).

I wouldn't have a problem giving a reference but with the rate of turnover of ladies in this business or the use of agencies then it can be difficult. Also given how much trouble I have sometimes getting in contact with an SP I wonder how successfully a reference can be checked. Some of the ladies I've seen are part-time and that could also hinder reference checking.

I understand the need to balance discretion with safety (face it, these are not mutually compatible goals unfortunately). I believe that references are good, but not always possible. Pics can be a good idea but some guys find that over the line. I like pm's from this board because my IP address is logged and if push came to shove that IP could be obtained and LE could track me through my ISP. Yes it can be defeated by using Wi-Fi hotspots other means but at least its something.

In the end there are a few things I truly don't understand. To me the best safety is regular clients, yet many SP's quite frankly don't inspire repeat business (the better ladies like Charlotte, Ava, Paige, Brook-Lynn et al are different of course). For all the ladies seen by all the gents in this city, there are actually scant few recommendations posted. I know those of us on CERB are only a minority of all the hobbiests out there (it would be interesting to know from the ladies what % of their clients use this board).

Getting rid of our archaic bawdy house laws would be huge step in the right direction and I do support those groups that are advocating changes to the law or pursuing court challenges.

In the end, I completely respect whatever any given lady needs to ask for to feel comfortable. If it doesn't work for me, I just book with someone else. It's a business and any business transaction needs to work for both parties.

I could not agree more, the safty screening should be agreed on by both parties! If I should so choose to not except your conditions, please don't be offended if I do not make an apointment.

Apex

Guest C*****tte

I think reasonable people know that the screening methods that ladies make for themselves are optional in that clients who are not comfortable with them need not seek out an appointment. I certainly am not offended if a client does not wish to see me because of them. They will find someone else that is a better match.

I do get offended when a client tries to get me to drop my screening methods by complaining about them, calling me names, or harassing me. It has happened here and via email. Not cool.

Except for the security aspect it is kind of like saying...

I want to meet you but you are not a blonde. You should dye your hair blonde for me, then I would see you. (Add some sort of insult here for true effect).
Lovely. Like that makes me want to see them for an intimate rendezvous.

Then on the other hand, I have been asked politely about my security measures. I tell them that they are what they are. They say they are not comfortable. I say sorry. We virtually shake hands and go our separate ways.

Wish the latter was more common, but it is not.

Edited by C*****tte
typos

i was stalked by a former girlfriend show I changed my intial on my phone to make it a bit harder to find when it was listed. So my intial is not the same as my real name on the listing .

I do get offended when a client tries to get me to drop my screening methods by complaining about them, calling me names, or harassing me. It has happened here and via email. Not cool.

Agreed!

Apex

When I see you next time, you can rub it in:lol:

...But back to the topic, I've given out my personal info and 2+ years knock on wood it is all good. I have the highest respect for the ladies, so I want to ensure they feel safe with me, and I can feel safe with them, by providing them a screening process, I have no qualms about it. Respect and safety always goes both ways.

;)

xox

I have to agree with Charlotte and others.

Just to add, in terms of decrim groups in Ottawa, we now have POWER (Prostitutes of Ottawa-Gatineau Work, Educate, Resist).

We're a new group, but hope to model ourselves on groups like Stella in the future.

http://www.powerottawa.ca

xo Erin

Guest C*****tte

Thanks for posting that, Erin. I knew of the group but did not have the link on hand when I posted.