This thread is not meant at all tongue in cheek, nor am I looking for the name of male SPs :)

I was just philosophizing about why there is a plethora of women SPs and some men, but yes more women.

is it demand, that men like sex more, that women can too easily get sex? Is it systemic gender bias, survival necessities, or other reasons?

Philosophy 101.....let's go!

I have male friends of mine asking me all the time if there is demand for male SPs. I'm not sure about the rest of the country but I tell them that I think they may need to be gay for pay in this city.

I encourage them to post to see what inquiries they get but none of them have

What an intriguing question and I believe that ultimately the answer goes to societal norms and societal expectations. Perhaps it is however a true difference between men and women.

I truly believe that any woman can seek out and find a sexual encounter without a donation or fee, and still be selective and safe as she does so.

At one level, and me not being a regular at bars, it seems clear to me that many a single guy is there for the sole purpose of seeking a sexual encounter. I do not believe that is true of women that might be at that same bar.

A woman I am certain could use any of the online dating sites and find a "friend with benefits'" quite easily, whereas I do not think it would be quite so easy for a male to do the same thing.

Perhaps for a male to be a successful SP it would require having another select and valid skill to include as a part of the experience. I have noticed of late that Il Re (http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105911) has been active as an MA and received reccos. As I understand it, he is a trained RMT but currently not practicing and therefore is not impinging on the code of ethics of the profession. I say more power to him (with a slight feeling of jealousy). :)

The question remains for me however. Is it the XX vs the XY chromosome that makes the difference or is it the influence of society? Women are from Venus and Men are From Mars is still pretty accurate.