The Turning of Seasons

The fact that we have distinct seasons in this country is one of our most unique Canadian features. Most of us have our favorite season but it is these changes of season that happen regardless of our wishes that helps us to mark the passage of time and bring each of us to different mindset.

Much of Canada has had an amazing summer with beautiful weather from coast to coast. In some ways it seems like only yesterday that the weather turned here last May but in reality that was six months ago. Now as I look in on Cerb or watch the national news I am starting to see references to flurries, cool weather or even snow.

For myself I still enjoy winter, and that is not because I am a great winter outdoor person. I enjoy the freshness of the air, the days when snow is glistening from the sun shining on it, or the days when snow falls steadily and slowly and accumulates are really pretty gorgeous days.

Yes there is shoveling, scraping of windshields, starting and throwing wood into the furnace and all of those winter chores but those all go with the Canadian experience and I am lucky enough to still enjoy them.

Enjoy your winter and don't wish time away. Summer will come again. :)

• Like 3

I may complain sometimes about the cold or ice but there is no doubt about it winter is great :)

Big fluffy snow flakes falling from the sky, the crunch of fresh snow under your boots and the smell of lit chimneys in the air :). After a fresh snow the whole world shimmers for a while like the snow flakes were mixed with glitter :)

I like the other seasons too :) Spring brings the excitement of the few new blades of grass spotted on your morning walk and a smell of blossoming flowers in the air. Summer brings in the heat with awesome beach weather and nights hanging outside with good friends :). And of course the fall has the beautiful color of the falling leaves :)

Guest S****r

I absolutely hate winter. Imagine that! :icon_wink:

Summer (year round!)

:milleunenuit:

Guest *ig*a**

As one season changes another begins au revoir summer you have been wonderful hello fall nice to see you, then winter arrives with all its bluster. Next its spring with hope anew then the return of summer welcome back old friend.

Posted via Mobile Device

I love all four seasons

I guess I like variety in all things

I've spent time in the Sahara Desert and in Timmins ... of course it was summer in the desert - and yes there is some difference in temperature there by season ... and it was winter in Timmins

I prefer a sunny day in any season to a grey or wet day ... i.e. sunshine and -40 is nicer than grey and +25

living in Hawaii where it is +29 day after day would, to me, get boring pretty quickly

• Like 1