I haven't wrote anything like this since high school. This is a poem I wrote the other night. I am curious what people are going to think its got a hidden twist.

TORN

I long for you every day and night.

As I gaze into your eyes I see the light.

I realize I Cannot be with you cause it ain't right.

Flirting with you is a dangerous game,

For I don't know if you feel the same.

I'm tired of living life in vain.

My desire for you grows strong.

You are my salvation I crave for so long.

I just don't know that we belong.

Even though you're my fantasy.

I know I cannot let it become reality.

Society would not accept another casualty.

You've cost me everything.

But without I'm nothing.

In the end I'm still hurting.

I see other woman to help forget.

So please don't object.

I haven't met anyone yet.

I cannot speak your name.

People will think I'm insane.

You're my only thoughts in my brain.

Edited by Em****83
Forgot a verse
  • Like 6

Really deep and profound thoughts and feelings poured out in this poem. Thanks for posting this beautiful poem.

Edited by Guest

I want start off by thanking those who read the poem.

I ask that you keep an open mind and that there is no reason for concern.

Re-read the poem I know it sound like I'm talking about a person but replace that person with death. How easy it is to get misinterpited.

I do suffer from depression and I deal with suicidal thoughts often. They are uncontrollable thoughts nothing more. It doesn't control my actions. With help I've learn to manage and to deal with them. There are lots of people out there that probably feel the same way, I ask them not to be ashamed of it. It is not your fault and you may not be able to control your thoughts. I too felt ashamed and scared to talk about. I know first hand how easy people who don't understand what we may be going through can react. I've lost friends over this cause they can't handle it or the freak out sometime they even look at you differently. For those of you who never experienced this please don't judge us or look at us differently we are still the same person. For a long time I was afraid to tell people how I feel because of reaction I've got in the past.

I've lost 2 people close to me do to suicide in the past. It effected everybody around them and I believe they to we're to afraid to tell anyone cause no one new they were depressed. But I understand now why they did what they did. They may no longer be suffering but the just past their pain to their loved one.

There are ways to help manage the pain, so don't be ashamed or afraid. If someone reaches out or talks to you about how they feel please don't over react just listen.

I hope I shed a bit of light to some people on what I struggle with but I am strong and capable of getting through it. Even in my darkest hours I still have a choice. So please this is not a cry for help nor me seeking attention or help. I just want to open people's eyes and help them understand.

• Like 3

You should never be made to feel like you are an outcast because you are having a problem. Friends should be that safe listening ear that does not judge but is honest and gives you sound advice. I'm sorry that you have been made to feel different and out of place because you are dealing with depression.

Having dealt with depression myself I can understand how your feeling. So many people keep this bottle up to themselves because it can easily be misunderstood and that is not healthy.

I really liked what Bell Canada is doing right now. Let's talk about this, so we can see that many people have been struggling woth this problem.

http://letstalk.bell.ca/en/

Your poem was incredibly touching, when I saw your reply I re-read it. It touched me again in a very different way.

I think you are very brave to have brought up a subject that most would consider off limits but yet most of us at one time during our life have gone through.

Its not an easy place to be though I've seen the devastation too many times in my life to not see how suicide shatters the the lives of the ones left behind.

Parents, children spouses siblings their lives are forever changed in one moment. Nor will they, (especially children) ever understand why they werent loved enough for them to stay.

Thank you for sharing this, brave, beautiful poem, and for taking the time to help people to understand.

Jade xoxo

• Like 2