Hi everyone. I've never been to any of the clubs on the Quebec side and wondered what the experience is like for someone who doesn't speak French. Any Anglos want to share their experiences?

Pigale is pretty much an Anglo club but with the looser Quebec rules. Some of the waitresses/bartenders might only speak French but everybody else is bilingual. Most speak English, 30% of the dancers are Anglophones.

Guest **oo**e

I agree with bluethunder except I don't have a clue what he is saying about it being an Anglo club with looser Quebec rules. Lots of liberal clubs in Ontario and in the rest of the country. I think he's mixing apples and oranges. I agree with his answer regarding the language abilities of the dancers and the staff, pretty well my experience too.

Very rarely had an issue being English only @ Pigales. Pretty much all of the dancers speak English well enough to hang out with either in the bar or the champagne room. Even if there is a french only dancer, Pigales has such a wide variety of dancers that the next sexy lady is only a few steps away.

I'm a British guy living in Gatineau and have been to Pigales on numerous occasions!!

My French is not upto much at all but I have never had any problems there at all.

Either at the bar or with dancers. Even the ones who don't speak that good English we manage to muddle through. After all we are there for one thing!

Sit back and have a drink and enjoy! You will like it there. I do!!

I agree with bluethunder except I don't have a clue what he is saying about it being an Anglo club with looser Quebec rules. Lots of liberal clubs in Ontario and in the rest of the country. I think he's mixing apples and oranges. I agree with his answer regarding the language abilities of the dancers and the staff, pretty well my experience too.

Well, other than Barbarella's I haven't visited any other club regularly the last 10 years. I assumed that other major cities still had very strict rules as mandated by their municipalities. Windsor was known as the Air capital of Canada when it came to their clubs. When I was in Niagara Falls in 2004, I was told they didn't allow anything you could get in Ottawa-Gatineau. Has all that changed now?

Guest **oo**e

The rules vary to a large extent, muncipality by municipality.

I can't say much about out west and out east other than at a high level I understand they tend to be invariably conservative, subject to a few exceptions.

As far as Ontario and Quebec go however you will find municipalities in and around the GTA, Windsor, Hamilton and even in Ottawa which are quite liberal, and same thing with regard to Quebec in certain pockets of Laval, the south shore in general and Gatineau. There are review sites on the web specifically for strip clubs, however on the whole they are not monitored, and there is a lot of misinformation and FUD on the sites which you need to sift through.

Guest pagypie

i speak english only, pigale is very english friendly; i have never had an issue there. most girls are fully bilingual.

it is very rare that theree is a language barrier, and i find ive had more on the ontario side than pigale ironically.

Being English-only will not cause you any difficulties at Pigales or any other club on that side of the river. Drink-wise, a Blue is a Blue, a Coors is a Coors. Dance-wise, if all else fails, there are certain hand gestures that can politely make your request.

And money knows no language...

I am English only and never have a prob at pigales, in fact I will be there next Tuesday with my girl. The dancers all speak the International Language of Love, $$$$$!

Guest *l**e

I am english, live in Gatineau...been there a billion times. no problem at all. almost everyone there speaks english.

Guest Ni**t*****t

I am French. I went to Pigs many times and seen a lot of English speaking girls and met English only patrons. I never noticed any issue here. I believe everyone is welcome for a good time.

I've been a long time patron of Pigale's and I unfortunately don't speak French, but I have never encountered an issue where there has been a language barrier. The staff all know that there are a lot of customers coming from Ottawa, and they really go out of their way to make you feel at home by speaking to you primarily in english.

Been to pig's lots of times myself. I speak some French, but I've never had to there. Even the DJ does everything in English.