Help request to all my fellow cerbies

Guest c**io**m7

I am in Ottawa but never needed to stay here in a hotel. I am looking for a hotel for a very, very special ocassion. Ideally, I would like a place with easy parking, a jacuzzi (for two) and a fireplace...any suggestions?

Can't think of any with a fireplace, but I'd recommend the Albert at Bay

Albert at Bay is awesome, but I don't think it has a jacuzzi. (I think it was just a simple tub)

Albert at Bay is awesome, but I don't think it has a jacuzzi. (I think it was just a simple tub)

They do have jacuzzi rooms, it's an upgrade from the regular suites. I've been in a room with one before :)

• Like 1

...but this is my fave:

http://www.mcgeesinn.com/

"located in downtown Ottawa in the heritage area of Sandy Hill. Abundant in Victorian charm, our B&B offers its travellers all the modern conveniences. Choose from one of our standard air conditioned rooms each with a private bathroom, to one of our bridal suites, each with a double Jacuzzi tub and fireplace. Full breakfast is complimentary. For business travel or for a romantic get-away,"

You can get one of the bridal suites and roleplay newlyweds! ;) (lol If that isn't a turn-off for you.) :D

Enjoy!

• Like 1

You might not believe it because a lot of Ottawa 4-star and 5-star hotels don't even have what you're looking for, but you will find the room you desire at the Days Inn Ottawa Airport. Make sure to specifically ask for the room with the fireplace AND in-room jacuzzi, since not all the suites are equipped with both.

Not swanky enough for you? Ask about the Swiss Hotel's Romantic Getaway Suite (it reportedly has both amenities).

Too swanky for you? Again, you might not believe it, but the Value Inn on Montreal Road in Gloucester has a room with a heart-shaped jacuzzi and a fireplace.

Sounds like you indeed have something very special in mind... Cheers!!!

Guest c**io**m7

Thx...just added this one to my shortlist.

...but this is my fave:

http://www.mcgeesinn.com/

"located in downtown Ottawa in the heritage area of Sandy Hill. Abundant in Victorian charm, our B&B offers its travellers all the modern conveniences. Choose from one of our standard air conditioned rooms each with a private bathroom, to one of our bridal suites, each with a double Jacuzzi tub and fireplace. Full breakfast is complimentary. For business travel or for a romantic get-away,"

You can get one of the bridal suites and roleplay newlyweds! ;) (lol If that isn't a turn-off for you.) :D

Enjoy!

Additional Comments:

You might not believe it because a lot of Ottawa 4-star and 5-star hotels don't even have what you're looking for, but you will find the room you desire at the Days Inn Ottawa Airport. Make sure to specifically ask for the room with the fireplace AND in-room jacuzzi, since not all the suites are equipped with both.

Not swanky enough for you? Ask about the Swiss Hotel's Romantic Getaway Suite (it reportedly has both amenities).

Too swanky for you? Again, you might not believe it, but the Value Inn on Montreal Road in Gloucester has a room with a heart-shaped jacuzzi and a fireplace.

Sounds like you indeed have something very special in mind... Cheers!!!

Yes...very special...Day's and Value?? Seriously? I never would have guessed...gotta be careful too...I don't want to appear too cheap...(she will read this and laugh, I am sure)

Guest *rb*n C*wb*y
gotta be careful too...I don't want to appear too cheap...(she will read this and laugh, I am sure)

You had our curiosity, now you have our attention. Who is the lucky gal? :biggrin: She sounds like a good sport. :)

Guest c**io**m7
You had our curiosity, now you have our attention. Who is the lucky gal? :biggrin: She sounds like a good sport. :)

Actually, I am the lucky one!

Additional Comments:

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions here and for the suggestions by PM. It looks like I have a lot more to choose from than I thought and will book soon.

Wish me luck!!

Bit off topic I was trying to find info on an sp if available and this was the only one that seemed to have Bells corners in the thread.

Does anyone know about a girl there named casedy..... looks good but looking fora review

Guest c**io**m7

Well, the day has finally arrived and the butterflies are playing dodgeball in my stomach. I feel much like a small child waiting for Santa Claus at 9pm Christmas Eve. I am not sure a word exists to describe my excitement.

See you this afternoon pretty lady.

Xo