A poem (written from a place of joy, love, and respect)

Ordained Whore

I'm an ordained Whore

I don't know what to do!

The lives in the ceilings

The talk of the dew

The secrets in the sessions

The hold on the knob

The crashing, pussy gnashing

Locks, locks of love

The light in my oval

The light all a line

To the place that is my knowing

That place, all the time...

• Like 3

I really like this poem, Anna. Thanks for sharing. What inspired you to write it?

For me it resonated because it really speaks to those moments we share with clients - those special and secret moments - that we can't share with anyone else. It's a private intimacy, and an intimacy that demands supreme discretion.

I also like how you used the possessive pronoun at the very end when you said "to the place that is my knowing". Ultimately it is yours - yours to keep - yours to cherish - yours to own. It doesn't belong to anyone else.

I hope you post more :)

• Like 1

I really like this poem, Anna. Thanks for sharing. What inspired you to write it?

For me it resonated because it really speaks to those moments we share with clients - those special and secret moments - that we can't share with anyone else. It's a private intimacy, and an intimacy that demands supreme discretion.

I also like how you used the possessive pronoun at the very end when you said "to the place that is my knowing". Ultimately it is yours - yours to keep - yours to cherish - yours to own. It doesn't belong to anyone else.

I hope you post more :)

Thanks Nathalie!

The poem just came to me...I only write when feeling instinctively inspired to. I love that you noticed the tone the possessive pronoun took at the end..as, while the beginning-the 'ordained' quality of being conferred a Whore (or imagined as such)-relies also on the outside source, it is interdependent, and ultimately becomes inhabited, innately felt, and thus an intrinsic experience; an embodied source of power and knowing. One based in the sacred sharing of erotic space. What a precious vocation it is! ...to have so many amazing opportunities to connect with our clients the way we do :)

Ox

Edited by Anna Sweets