Sign in to follow this  

Censoring Cunnilingus in Film

Censoring Cunnilingus in Film

By Carlin Ross

http://dodsonandross.com/blogs/carlin-ross/2013/12/censoring-cunnilingus-film

When Evan Rachel Wood saw her latest indie movie Charlie Countryman, she hit the roof. The MPAA had forced director Fredrik Bond to cut the scene of Shia LaBoeuf performing oral sex on Evan in order to secure an R-rating. No one wants to go NC-17 because you sell fewer tickets.

Evan took to twitter to vent her anger:

"After seeing the new cut of Charlie Countryman, I would like to share my disappointment with the MPAA, who thought it was necessary to censor a woman's sexuality once again. The scene where the two main characters make "love" was altered because someone felt that seeing a man give a woman oral sex made people "uncomfortable," but the scenes in which people are murdered by having their heads blown off remained intact and unaltered.

This is a symptom of a society that wants to shame women and put them down for enjoying sex, especially when (gasp) the man isn't getting off as well! It's hard for me to believe that had the roles been reversed it still would have been cut or had the female character been raped it would have been cut. It's time for people to grow up. Accept that women are sexual beings. Accept that some men like pleasuring women. Accept that women don't have to just be fucked and say thank you. We are allowed and entitled to enjoy ourselves. It's time we put our foot down. Thanks for listening."

The MPAA did the same thing with Blue Valentine. The director decided to keep the scene where Ryan Gosling performed oral sex on Michelle Williams and got slapped with a NC-17 rating.

I've watched countless blow job scenes on the big screen and even on television. Sorry but this is personal. The last thing the powers that be want is to support female sexual pleasure.

Word of advice: most women orgasm during oral sex. And if they orgasm they want to fuck more. Female sexual satisfaction is clearly to your advantage.

• Like 6

Emily:

You post all sorts of interesting and fun stuff. Thanks for the info and the entertainment. I also much enjoy your thought-provoking comments.

Have a great day and thanks for your efforts.

Valerie

• Like 1

Guest S*rca****sid

Maybe they're censoring it because, according to Michael Douglas, it causes throat cancer? Similar to the censoring of cigarettes!