Valentine's is Approaching!

Guest P**aq

While on a recent vacation, I had a wonderful romantic chance encounter with a very beautiful sweet and wonderful woman. We only had 48 hours together but we had such a really good time together and there was a definitive magnetic attraction between us. We exchanged our contact info almost immediately after meeting (less than 15 minutes after first meeting!). The vacation is now over and we are now countries apart.

I wanted to think of a way to say "hi" to her after the fact of the vacation, and I was going to make a post to ask CERB what might be a good idea to do for Valentine's, but instead, tonight I just decided to go ahead and send her a bouquet of roses to her office for Valentines.

Then that made me think, I've known this woman for only 48 hours (albeit very passionate and fun), and I've ordered her flowers! I got back on line and immediately ordered some flowers for my Mom for Valentines!

Let's remember every one on Valentines!

I love that you thought of your mom. But there are no rules to how we should respond to our feelings, or there shouldn't be. If you felt like sending this lovely sounding woman you recently met flowers, then you should have. I think it's a beautiful thing to be expressive in what ever way you see fit and are comfortable with. How the receiver responds is on them. Good intentions shouldn't be questioned, imo. Happy Valentines day

• Like 4

I love that you thought of your mom. But there are no rules to how we should respond to our feelings, or there shouldn't be. If you felt like sending this lovely sounding woman you recently met flowers, then you should have. I think it's a beautiful thing to be expressive in what ever way you see fit and are comfortable with. How the receiver responds is on them. Good intentions shouldn't be questioned, imo. Happy Valentines day

Cristy... I couldn't agree more. There is a time and place for rules, and then there are times when you should simply follow your heart. In this case she offered to exchange contact information, which means that it she wants you to use it.

It would have been a different story if she had not given you her information and you had to find her and/or "track" her down. That could be the beginning of a slide down a very slipper slope.

So I say follow your heart and your first instincts and send her some nice flowers with a tasteful, meaningful personal message. Ideally with a reference to something special you did or somewhere special you spent time together.

Guest c**io**m7

Good on ya!!

Cristy is right...there are no rules and how you wish to show your feelings is your choice to make.

I have always been that way and I won't stop now...and, dwho knows...I may even do something this Valentines Day that I probably shouldn't but, fuck it, why change now? ;-)