I just wanted to share what I observed while doing some shopping at my local Walmart. I noticed a large bus parked outside Walmart and was thinking to myself, wow people are coming here in bus loads now to the store. Well it was a busload alright, and in the store I could see dozens of Red Cross workers assisting Haitian families in getting much needed supplies to begin their new life here. I witnessed adults and children with bruises, scratches, bandages, burns and casts that were protecting broken bones. I could only stand and watch in a stupor as this team of Red Cross workers and rescued Haitians were loading carts of supplies for these families. I've seen the devastation on the news but now I saw the blank stares and watery eyes of the people who have just gone through probably the most horrific event in their lives. For me this made it real. I take my hat off to the Red Cross and all the other organizations who are helping. I will continue to donate what ever I can.

If you haven't already donated, please do so.

www.redcross.ca

ATH

• Like 2

For cities throughout Canada, another helpful donation is the following, I know I dropped off some and they store was very thank-full.

Softmoc has mobilized their stores across Canada to accept old shoes which

they will be sending to Haiti. For more information go to

http://www.softmoc.com/

If you have some shoes that you would like to donate, please consider

dropping them off at a nearby Softmoc store.

There are five Softmoc stores in the Ottawa area.

Place D'Orleans

St-Laurent Shopping Centre

Carlingwood Mall

Bayshore Shopping Centre

Billings Bridge Plaza

Could not agree more ATh. We who can, should do as much as possible for the folks in Haiti. Not only today, but over the next several years as they struggle to get back on their feet. Not like before, but in better living conditions.

PP thank you for the tip on donating used shoes. Will put some aside during the regular spring wardrobe review.

Club Babylon on Bank Street (Ottawa) is having another fund raiser for Haiti this Thursday. A couple weeks ago they raised about $8,000, to be donated to a partnership of aid agencies - Care, Oxfam are among them.

Last time I went, I just emptied my pockets.

I will try to do the same this Thursday.

One of the challenges will be in being constant in our aid until the country is rolling properly. Often the world reacts generously in the first few weeks after a disaster and then the aid just fades away as other disasters appear elsewhere. In Haiti, there is nothing that I'm aware of on which the country can really base itself to make itself economically self sufficient. Therefore the need to continue to help these people for a few years at least. We will have to remind our governments and ourselves to continue to help even after the political payback is less apparent. A sad situation indeed.

It's these things in life that humble us and make us think twice. We are lucky to live in Canada. Were we are so peaceful and giving. I'm so happy to hear that red cross is doing such a good job. What a thing to see. I'm sure you will carry that in your heart. For years to come. It's always nice to pay your respect to families who have suffered great loss. Lets be truly grateful for what we do have. Thank you Attilathehun for that touching story. Yes please give.

urgent call to all of you,give a bit of help to all victimes of Haiti earthquake, if everybody of Mod Member Sp give a bit of money whe can make big changes!!!!

Go at http://www.croixrouge.ca/article.asp?id=000006&tid=003 and make a contributions

Thanks all for your support

im curious to know who gives charities

dont be shy

EvaCharms xxx