Sin City - A Dame to Kill For about to be released around 22 Aug.

Jessica Alba returns - remember that "cow girl" get up in the strip club for the first film.

Here is a first look - longer trailer at the link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturevideo/filmvideo/cinema-trailers/10997461/Sin-City-A-Dame-to-Kill-For-watch-Lady-Gaga-in-the-new-trailer.html

Anyone else a fan of this type of film?

Edited by Reddog01
link was bad
  • Like 3

Yeah! I'm all over this.

I like the familiar faces, but I'm particularly happy to see Powers Boothe on a screen again, and I'm kind of liking everything Joseph Gordon-Levitt is doing these days.

I know Sin City is just overall film noir dialed up to 14, so the comparison may seem trite... but parts of this remind me specifically of Chinatown for sheer darkness. Sort of in the way that, if you were going to set out to make Chinatown in 2014, this is what you'd come up with.

Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Currently working my way through the books. So definitely looking forward to it! Anything with Eva Green grabs my attention.....not even so much because of her physical appearance but because she is a crazy talented actress. HUGE fan of hers.

• Like 1

For sure a

film noir dialed up to 14

The effort going into editing to keep the story strait must be mind-boggling; considering the extensive use of CGI and the acting with nothing but green backgrounds.

It must been fun for the whole cast to see it come together.

Here is a link to some of the background filming activities:

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20140805/sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for-new-behind-the-scenes-footage-surfaces/

And for some viewing pleasure some of the babes:

6759Screen-Shot-2014-08-05-at-8-43-28-AM.png7744Screen-Shot-2014-08-05-at-8-44-11-AM.png

Apparently Eva Green's promo poster caused a bit of a stir with the Motion Pictures Association of America. A little too much areloa for their liking. I think the poster is going to be popular decor in the bedrooms of pubescent boys... if they still do that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Apparently Eva Green's promo poster caused a bit of a stir with the Motion Pictures Association of America. A little too much areloa for their liking. I think the poster is going to be popular decor in the bedrooms of pubescent boys... if they still do that sort of thing.

Might be more computer and phone wall paper. But I imagine they still do pictures on the wall as well.

Definitely looking forward to the movie. I love the visual aesthetic of the B&W with little pops of colour.

Apparently Eva Green's promo poster caused a bit of a stir with the Motion Pictures Association of America. A little too much areloa for their liking.

I thought that whole thing was so ridiculous. They're afraid of children seeing something as natural and nurturing as a female breast on a movie poster but apparently a handgun (whose only purpose is to murder other human beings) is perfectly fine. I'm not opposed to handguns being used in action movies but their logic kind of escapes me in this instance lol.