The 16th Anniversary of Kurt Cobain's Death

I figured it was worth mentioning. Today is the 16th anniversary of Kurt Cobain being found with bullet through his head. This of course sparked a fierce rumor-mill about who did it and why. Many believe Courtney did it. Many believe Kurt did it. At the end of the day all that matters is that we lost a talented musician as so many before him.

So in memory of Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, a music video. Wesley Willis is a schizophrenic who records music and has even toured. His songs all sound the same, but they are just so damned funny!

Enjoy!

I remember hearing that from a friends brother that he had passed away. I was in Whitehorse at the time, and remember a guy who worked at sandors mens wear going to his funeral in Seattle.

No matter what you thought of him, there's no denying his place in history along the other music icons of the century. He may not have sparked a new movement on his own, but he certainly was its catalyst. He may well be the last, dominant musical voice we ever see.

I can still remember the first time I hear Smells Like Teen Spirit. I was at work listening to the Q and I knew the song was going to be a hit. There was just something about it that had me hooked. Of course after that I needed to find out more about Nirvana. It was a sad day when Kurt died. I blamed Courtney. His music will live on forever.

27ywuwo.jpg

Met the whole band in 1993 when they came up to do Lollapalooza... it didn't surprise me then when he met his early demise. He was a troubled young man, a genius for sure, but troubled nonetheless.