Good Evening,

My question is how do you find your cell phone service in Atlantic Canada? Since I tour alot this way, I am finding more and more issues with getting a strong signal and even 3g in some places. (I have both a blackberry and an iphone and both have the same issues)

As much as I dislike Rogers, they will continue to get my business as I detest BELL and TELUS even more.

Thanks in advance for the input....

Emily

Guest S******s*m

I have Rogers - it's great in the bigger centers - as soon as you're out of town, good luck... Bell/Aliant is the better provider - but just like you, I dislike their brand so Rogers is the next best thing. :cool: Love your pics!

Guest isla*****d

I have Koodo! Crappy phones (they don't offer blackberry's) but they work, and my bills have been very consistant. I know they are owned by Telus, but you deal with different customer service agents from what I have heard are very helpful. I've had my phone for some time now and no problems whatsoever.

I've always wondered if you can use a previous Blackberry or iPhone when switching over to Koodo!

Hopefully I have been of some help :)

I have Koodo! Crappy phones (they don't offer blackberry's) but they work, and my bills have been very consistant. I know they are owned by Telus, but you deal with different customer service agents from what I have heard are very helpful. I've had my phone for some time now and no problems whatsoever.

I've always wondered if you can use a previous Blackberry or iPhone when switching over to Koodo!

Hopefully I have been of some help :)

when I speak with the agents for koodo they all mention that they are not getting blackberries.

Virgin Mobile has blackberries and Iphones I can't go wrong since I switched from kood to virigin mobile.

For the data plan I have and the features I have from Virgin I am still under $60 a month woohoo which was the same I was paying at koodo for a non smartphone.

Guest C**Tra****er

I have been an Aliant customer for many years, actually since they were called MT&T for those of you that remember, and I have always had excellent service and coverage. Now that I have to deal with Bell, the customer service is horrible! The coverage is still great, and I have had no issues with my travels across Canada and into the US.

Now my work cell is with Rogers, and the coverage sucks, with dead zones within the city. I can't speak about their customer service as I have never had to deal with them personally.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest isla*****d
when I speak with the agents for koodo they all mention that they are not getting blackberries.

Virgin Mobile has blackberries and Iphones I can't go wrong since I switched from kood to virigin mobile.

For the data plan I have and the features I have from Virgin I am still under $60 a month woohoo which was the same I was paying at koodo for a non smartphone.

Wow! I should have looked into Virgin! I have unlimited text, unlimited evening/weekend Long Distance, and 360 daytime minutes. My Bill is just under $60.

Thanks for the info Riley :)

I have a Blackberry through Telus, and I have to say that I have not had any coverage issues throughout NS, NB, NF or PEI, nor have I had any issues travelling with it in the USA. Admittedly, I havent been in the small towns of NB or NF, but travelling through NS and PEI, I have not had an coverage issues, even if small towns USA I havent had any issues. (I think they piggyback Verizon in the USA) The plans for North America are pricey as hell, but no worse than Rogers or Bell.

I have Rogers and it is fine in all of parts of HRM I have used it, even with 3G. When I was in Cape Breton last year I had no signal at all. As far as being in the city, I think most companies do OK. I do not hear to much bad mouthing from my friends about there service, but so much of this really depends on location.

Personally, I think all the providers for cell phone use are a bunch of rip off artists. I know this is off topic what Emily is asking, but I thought I throw my 2 cents about cell phones.

Prior to cell phones, we used either pay phones, hotel lobby phones, or home phones. I'm sure we know that back then the rates were greatly less then what we are charged today.

Unfortunately in today's society there is a heavy requirement for cell phones. We must pay the extraordinary fees accompanied by having a cell phone that may work in some areas:rolleyes:

Bell has the best coverage in Eastern Canada and Telus in the West. All cellular companies have bad customer service and high rate plans. The cell industry motto is We are not happy untill you are unhappy.

I too now have Virgin and so far its been great coverage. I have heard that Rogers is the worst in this city for reception. I work inside a building that is hard to get reception for others but mine is always good.