iPhone Update Problems

I did the new update for the operating system for my IPhone 5 the other day and since then have not been able to do group chat in IMessage with my kids and many of my iMessages go as texts instead.

I see online lots of people are having this problem. Does anyone have an answer?

Right now, I would not recommend that update.

Thanks in advance if you have a solution.

MN2

Have you checked your settings?

Settings / messages / Send & Receive

You should see a check mark beside.....you can be reached by Imessage at..... Your # and also you should see a check mark under start new conversations from..... Your # checked.

I know there was some issues with the server down briefly, but other than that I have had absolutely no problem with messages going as iMessage. Group has also been working with no problems.

If all fails, always try a shut down, this tends to solve a lot of the hiccups.

Hope this helped :)

• Like 1

Thanks folks. Tried suggestions so far and no luck yet, but at least its not like I am out of communication. I am such a techno-nerd!

Thanks fStop. Problems 1 and 2 are the EXACT problems and neither of the suggested fixes in fact fixes it. Grrrr. I shall persevere. Only glad to see that its not just me!

Repeated creating new groups and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks fStop. I appreciate the help!!!!

Edited by mrrnice2