Volunteers Needed

I hope I am in the correct section...

With the holiday season fast approaching I'd like to reach out to people everywhere and ask for a helping hand.

Volunteering is one of the best ways we know of to make a difference in your community. Whatever your passion, however you get involved, volunteering offers a way to have a real and lasting impact on the world.

This request goes out to everyone everywhere...

The Christmas Cheer Board is a cause I have been volunteering at for a number of years and they can always use some extra help from answering phones, creating hampers, wrapping presents to delivering hampers. Your commitment can mean so much to those people less fortunate. If you don't have time to volunteer these can always use donations. So let's take some time to share some kindness.

This goes out to all Winnipegers... Another cause that is dear to me is the Santa Parade. Volunteers are an integral part of the Parade. This event is all about bringing people together to celebrate one of the most magical times of the year. Volunteers are needed for everything from crowd monitoring to being a candy cane elf so if you have some extra time on your hands Nov. 16 please help out. (You will have to sign up prior) If you can't volunteer be sure to get out and enjoy this event after all how often do they shut down Portage Ave. After the parade there a fireworks at the Forks. So bundle up and enjoy.

• Like 1