Question of the month: Favourite summer activities in Winnipeg

I asked previously about favourite winter activities- always a joy in Winnipeg- so what are everyone's favourite summer activities here in Winnipeg?

It's not summer yet, but I already have too many favourites that I have a hard time picking one and getting out of the house! So far I think Bird's Hill Park is close to the top...or possibly biking through Assiniboine Park then getting a pina colada milkshake at Sargent Sundaes.

Just a reminder to all you handsome men- with the summer heat, I have a nice cool shower available to you when you arrive. When you make use of it I will be much happier to kiss you all over if you know what I mean...

Here's a new photo to heat things up a little more (like we need more heat...)

picture.php?albumid=1868&pictureid=11543

Canoeing on the Assiniboine (rentals at the Forks), rollerblading in Assiniboine Park, beaches, fishing, hiking... damn I love summer, and it's not even here yet!

Birds Hill Park is gorgeous, but unless you're going for peace and quiet, there's nothing better than Folk Fest.

Four days of sun (and rain), music, happy people, drinks, and sun. I can't say enough good things about Folk Fest.

Cold beer :) Playing slopitch, the folk fest and jazz fest, the fringe fest, walking the river walk, checking for tanlines, bbqing, bike riding, cold beer:), patios, Corydon, batting cages, tanning my head and cold beer :).

Peace

Mr Green

sitting on the patio, with a good friend, at the pony on pembina hwy drinking beer, eating wings, watching the river and all the hot women:pimp:

I know Winnipeg has the hottest women and I just love driving around and looking at all the amazing ones walking the sidewalk.

Can those shorts get any smaller??

Nobody can complain about the view in Winnipeg, certainly not in summer. Spending time in the heat, seeing as summer in Winnipeg is way shorter than winter.

And do like to golf as well . . . of course that might just because I like playing with clubs and balls and getting them in the holes, and keeping them out of the bush, and well . . . you know what I mean . . . unless your mind went where mine already was. Then you REALLY know what I mean.

I spent my chilhood growing up in neighbouring Brandon and have relatives all over Manitoba - including Winnipeg. Whenever I visit (in the summer - lol) I always just love going to the Forks, walking around and sitting on a patio people watching. As a "visitor" I really enjoy going on walking tours enjoying some of the old architecture as well as checking out the pubs and shops in Osborne Village. In fact, I'm hoping to venture that direction this August! *WITH my bug juice! :cool:

Wow summer, the lazy hazy days. This is going to be a good one. It already feels like july. All my city friends are down to their cottages getting all their spring stuff done. Opening up, putting the boat in, turning the water on etc. I try to make the rounds visiting, having a beer and discussing how to cure the world's problems.

My favorite activities are fishing, boating and sitting around on the front porch with a cocktail watching the girls walk by. Love those outfits or lack of.

Walleyes are biteing, lets go fishing. Damn playoffs keep me in the house. Couple more weeks and they'll be done.

Always find time for my favorite all year round activity which is a trip to the city to visit the girls :butt::boobies::motion:

PJ

runing or walking down the river walk followed with some tasty frozen yogurt at the forks! yummy

I also really like having drinks at the roof top patio Tavern United downtown

I seem to be stuck on TV-shows, lol.....but I really really miss Kids in the Hall being on the comedy network every night..when I was a teen and lived with my parents it was my excuse to stay up just a teeeeeny bit later. That show always had me in stitches

I have so many hobbies year round but summer is by far my fave. Fishing, hunting, quadding, trap N skeet shooting, spending time with good friends just to name a few. Bring on the hot weather and fun times!