I have lost something - My 100th Post

I have not been posting very much recently because I wanted to make #100 significant in some way.

It has been about a year since I started hobbying and it has been such an enriching experience. I have had the pleasure of the company of many wonderful ladies, and for that I am very thankful. However, along the way of this adventure I have lost something that I had not considered. I just

could not see a down side to what I was doing until recently.

What I have lost is the ability to donate blood. I have always looked for the opportunity to give blood when and where I could. I remember it was something my father did and instilled in me, so

it was only natural that I would also do this selfless act.

But Canadian Blood Services, are quite clear as to who they will accept donations from. If you pay for sex they do not want your blood.

What makes this even bigger issue for me, is that my blood type is O negatve, which is the universal blood type and anybody can be given it. Only 7% of all Canadians have this blood type. In a situation where somebody is bleeding to death, that person can just be given O negative blood without having to worry about matching their blood type first.

I regret not being able to give blood and possibly save somebody's life as a consequence.

just because you pay for sex What about the people that have "one night stands"? Are they rejected too? What about people who have random affairs with strangers?

Next time get your blood checked to see if you can donate blood, then fib and say you only have sex with people who donate blood!!!

just because you pay for sex What about the people that have "one night stands"? Are they rejected too? What about people who have random affairs with strangers?

Emma - I agree 100%... and can add... what if your SO cheats? The whole system seems to hinge on safe sex practice (I was going to say you could be a priest, but let's not go down that road...)... but you are rejected solely based on "paying for sex?"

I gave the ex a large cash settlement, a house and lots of other goodies... and in return I got really bad sex.... I think that would qualify her as being paid for sex... dammit, I have slept with the worst SP in the world!

I believe the question that they ask, or at least I was asked, is do you know the sexual history of the people you have had sex with for the last 6 months. Officially I think it is an HIV risk question, were if you have participated in any HIV risk activity you are temporary deferred.

So one night stands, affairs, etc. fall in the same category. Paying for sex isn't the issue. Sex with strangers (however unstrange and lovely they may be) is the issue, and the reason that everyone should be careful, safe, and well read on the subject.

I have not been posting very much recently because I wanted to make #100 significant in some way.

It has been about a year since I started hobbying and it has been such an enriching experience. I have had the pleasure of the company of many wonderful ladies, and for that I am very thankful. However, along the way of this adventure I have lost something that I had not considered. I just

could not see a down side to what I was doing until recently.

What I have lost is the ability to donate blood. I have always looked for the opportunity to give blood when and where I could. I remember it was something my father did and instilled in me, so

it was only natural that I would also do this selfless act.

But Canadian Blood Services, are quite clear as to who they will accept donations from. If you pay for sex they do not want your blood.

What makes this even bigger issue for me, is that my blood type is O negatve, which is the universal blood type and anybody can be given it. Only 7% of all Canadians have this blood type. In a situation where somebody is bleeding to death, that person can just be given O negative blood without having to worry about matching their blood type first.

I regret not being able to give blood and possibly save somebody's life as a consequence.

If you're having only protected sex and having regular health checks, why exactly would you offer up information like; "I pay for sex."?

It just doesn't seem that relevant.

I know people who give blood and who see me.. and why shouldn't they?

I mean, it's not like they don't test the blood before they give it to people.. that would just be crazy.

You can feel better though, most blood donated doesn't even make it to the HIV testing stage. It is usually thrown out for one reason/contaminant or another. (I believe they generally throw out smokers blood,

Then another portion of it goes bad..

Lastly, even with O negative, there are rejection rates.. With O negative being so rare (while it is universal) it's used as a last resort.. Unless of course someone with O negative blood needs blood...

So you shouldn't be worrying too much about it..

A quick look at the Canadian Blood Services website is a little scary actually..

They don't want your blood if you're a smoker or if you've had your ears pierced (until 6 months later)... but after having Herpes 2 for a year you may be eligible to give blood? (lol.. it says so right on their website.)

http://www.blood.ca/CentreApps/Internet/UW_V502_MainEngine.nsf/page/Donor+FAQs?OpenDocument#10

Emma - I agree 100%... and can add... what if your SO cheats? The whole system seems to hinge on safe sex practice (I was going to say you could be a priest, but let's not go down that road...)... but you are rejected solely based on "paying for sex?"

I gave the ex a large cash settlement, a house and lots of other goodies... and in return I got really bad sex.... I think that would qualify her as being paid for sex... dammit, I have slept with the worst SP in the world!

too funny old dog..

I lost the right to give blood a long time ago simply because I lived in the UK for 6 months in the 80's.. just in case I might somehow carry madcow dz... I was a very regular donor and even did the aphoresis program where they only take your white blood cells and give you your red back.

They are just trying to cover their butts legally.