The Canadian Alliance for Sex Work Law Reform (national coalition of sex work organizations, sex work support organizations and allied groups) is collecting information on the impact of the new laws. Below are a series of questions and I'm hoping that people will be willing to answer them and forward the answers to me. I'll make them anonymous and send them off to the Alliance.

This is so that when people are talking to the media or doing public talks, we'll have some recent anecdotal information about impacts sex workers are experiencing, if any. Please provide as much or as little information as you wish.

Please feel free to forward the questions and my email address to anyone in your network as we'd like to hear from as many sex workers as possible and particularly independent workers as you often get missed!

· What are some of the safety issues you face when doing sex work?

· What is your relationship with police?

· Have the police been hassling you and if so, do you know why?

· Have the police been hassling your clients and if so, do you know why?

· Do you go to the police if you need help? Why or why not?

· Where do you work and is that the place you would like to work or would you prefer to work somewhere else?

· Do you advertise and have there been changes in terms of how you advertise?

· Do you work with others, have there been changes in terms of how you work with others?

· What can you do with third parties in your place of work?

· Have you changed your safety mechanisms since the news laws have come into effect? If so, how?

please send me your answers and i will forward them to the alliance!!

[email protected]

love susie

• Like 2

Guest S****r

Hi susie,

Sounds good. Could you maybe tell us first who you are first and what your connection to the organization is? I am sure you understand our feelings about sending out sensitive information, even though it is anonymous.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Summer

i am susan davis, a sex worker and activist in vancouver and longtime member of cerb. i am a member of the canadian alliance western working group and so have forwarded this from them.

their members include maggies, stella and POWER....

so, these questions are from sex workers to sex workers in an attempt to try to ensure all perspectives are included....

make sense?

as an activist and researcher - this is not for research's sake but rather to inform those who are in a position to speak on our behalf about what we need them to say - i have a long standing reputation of respecting confidentiality and ensuring people are safe taking part in these kinds of activities.

i do understand concerns however and understand if people are reluctant to take part. i hope people will consider it though, these kinds of things are important if we are to ensure that those in a position to speak on our behalf are armed with the facts...

love susie

• Like 4