Support AI Proposal to Decriminalize.....

I'm sure you all know this, but I'm surprised it isn't being discussed here.

Amnesty International created a draft proposal about decriminalizing sex work. Anti-trafficking groups got upset and created a petition against it.

Sex workers created a petition in favour of it on change.org

Has anyone ever signed a petition on change.org? They want people's real names and address, and for the past few days I've been wondering how safe it is to give them that info.

Here is the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/amnesty-international-secretary-general-amnesty-international-board-amnesty-international-council-we-call-on-the-amnesty-international-council-to-stand-firm-and-support-decriminalisation-of-sex-work-and-protect-the-human-rights-of-sex-workers

I've never heard of it.

However, there is away to sign it. If you think about it, I can give the name I go by, give an address to a hotel/motel (cause hotel/motel are used as a place) my email is my SP email.

I'm not giving any information of my legal location, far as I am concerned it's asking Sex Workers to sign it, as a Sex Worker my name is Amanda-Lee, I will find a hotel/motel and use it as the address. Sex Workers do work out of hotels/motels so it's a place of employment.

Maybe there is another way that I can't think of that someone else has?

I do not trust change.org in the least. I signed a petition as Midnite once and it posted with full real details. I was not amused. They are affiliated somewhere in the hidden process with Facebook. I do know this.

However if you would like to have your voice heard, you can email [email protected] and provide whatever details you like. They mostly ask for city, province and title/affiliation (this could be hobbyist, concerned citizen, private citizen etc.) Unfortunately the last day for collection with them is today. Just send an email with details and they will include it in their petition. You can find more details on Twitter which is where a lot of these discussions are happening.

• Like 1