Shaving looking for tips

Hey,

So we've all seen the threads about who prefers shaved vs. unshaved and I think that's a debate that's going to go on forever, really comes down to preference.

Personally, I'm shaved, I started shaving downstairs a few years ago just to see how it felt. The initial feeling was great, once the experiment was over I figured might as well let it grow back. I have no SO, so no real reason to maintain it.

Then, not too long after I let it grow back it became uncomfortable. My hair grows back shortly so it was basically stuck in that awkward phase for a while. I told myself, might as well just stay shaved and with the random exception of a 3 month period over a year ago, I've been shaved ever since.

The point of this post is while I've been shaving for a while I do notice some irritation the day after, and subsequent day or two after that, of irritation. I was hoping that I could get input from other shavers and find out what works for them.

Does anyone know of any particularly good razors, shaving creams for the shave?

Any good after-care products that help keep the skin nice and smooth?

Any input someone can share, I'm sure, would be appreciated by more that just me.

Thanks in advance,

SnS

It has been discussed on several occasions. I myself prefer to use conditioner instead of shaving cream. I find it to be a much smoother shave.

It has been discussed on several occasions. I myself prefer to use conditioner instead of shaving cream. I find it to be a much smoother shave.

I second conditioner, but I'm only using it to shave my legs. If we're talking nether regions, I get that waxed once every three weeks.

Waxing is the way to go but it hurts soooooo bad lol i tend to shave more often.

Waxing is the way to go but it hurts soooooo bad lol i tend to shave more often.

It hurts less the more you get it done.

Guest s*f******0*3

Waxing is the way to go its baby smooth....but i find myself shaving in between waxes cause i hate the feel of the stubble....as for aftershave i like cocoa butter...

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest AdamK

I've found that using shampoo works great when shaving the sensitive areas. I'd like to give the waxing a try myself. Sabrina, remember I never did use your "waxer" as she was afraid she was going to hurt me. Anyplace in Ottawa for a guy to go to get this done?

Look man I've looked a this situatution fromk a man's point of view. You can take this advise or not, it is up to you. If our are takeing hair of your back, off your tummy, your hinny waxing is the best. I don't know if you can find someone to help you with you hinney I don't

On your pubes (around the cock) a trimmer will work fine . The ladies don'y expect bare.

On your balls and perinium a razor does a wonderful job BUT in a week, Freek it hurts . You are not so much shaving as sharpning the ends of each hair shaft. Here I find a depilorator cream is best.

I follow the instructions except I leave it on at least until the max time.

So what product is best. Look for the bikine line product. ( I don't give a rip if you never wear a bikini or not)

Now which is best. I haven't tried every product and if you do so tell us. From my experience Veet work better than Nair, Less irritateing at the time max, The time max works best for me.

Good wishes

Chicas

Guest W***ledi*Time
... lots of good info in that thread.

... there will be lots of good info on this new thread too! Good topics are never exhausted.

Here's an amalgamation of the information I've been able to accumulate, this relates only to shaving, for the purposes of clarity, I've left everything else out.

Razor:

"Bikini Razor"

"Four Bladed Razor"

Shaving Product:

"Hair Conditioner"

"Polysporin"

After Shave Product:

"Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion"

"PFB Vanish"

"Some kind of exfoliant"

"salicylic acid"

"Cocoa Butter"

The standard seems to be a four bladed razor and hair conditioner.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what kind of hair conditioner? Do you just apply it over the pubic area and shave? Or do you lather it up (as much as conditioner can be lathered) and leave there for a bit and then shave?

Has anyone tried the new 5 bladed razor from Schick? I believe it's called the hydro 5 or something similar. I'm going to try it for my face shortly and depending on the results may get a second one for the pubic area.

With regard to after care products, there seems to be a lot of variance here. Razor burn or ingrown hairs are clearly something to avoid, so I'm wondering if there's anything close to a consensus on this. Clearly not everyone needs to agree, but is there a product that most people generally used and is recognized as being able to keep your skin smooth and bump free?

Guest C****** K***e

I believe that by hinny Chavez means hiney...or bumbum. I don't know if that's Manitoba talk, or if we're just on the same page!

As for razors, I swear by the Gillette Fusion. I think it's a 5 blade razor. As long as I remember to shave with the hair direction (which I usually don't), I'm irritation free.

Guest G***f******

One of the ways to avoid ingrown hairs is to NOT shave against the grain. Better to go with, and then perpendicular.