Please Keep your cold at home

I'm not really big on... ranting... but I think some people are forgetting that your health involves more than just the regular slew of STD/STI tests and that a STD isn't the only thing I don't want around.

Please do not show up to see me, or anyone really, if you think you may have/may be coming down with something.

You really shouldn't be anywhere except at the doctor or at home, getting better.

The other day a typically-lovely gent came to see me, one I've seen before... near the end of our time together he said something along the lines of thinking he had picked up a bug that was going around his office.

At that point in time any enjoyment I had during our time together dropped down to nil. Hard not to when he basically told me he may have knowingly infected me with some random rhinovirus... and he's not the first person to do this this year.

I was hoping maybe he was wrong, but no such luck...

Today I have a horrible case of the sniffles, a pounding head and very little will to do much of anything.

Aside from the fact that I had to cancel appointments I was looking forward to, apologize and disappoint... Now I feel horrible, have to go back to the doctors and spend more time in bed recovering.

Not really my idea of a fun weekend.

So please, when you feel like you may be getting sick, take a day or two off... Something that may have only affected one person is now spreading around and ruining the days of many different people, all of which could have been avoided...

End rant. /crawls back into bed

• Like 1

Very well said and very true.

If you feel under the weather, stay home. You would want the companion that you are visiting with to be in the best health at all times, so take the advice upon yourself too as well.

Feel better Naomi....

Guest s******ecan****

Very well said, and I concur and would ask the ladies do the same. Also recently there has been a slew of posts where some ladies have been ranting about cancellations and have made comments about "lame" excuses such as "I'm sick etc". Remember sometimes these are legit so please don't tar us thoughtful ones with the same brush.

I agree, and have always followed this approach - in fact, I haven't seen you Naomi (even though I was very much looking forward to seeing you for an appointment we set) for precisely this reason. The issue for me is how much notice is enough. I try to let someone know immediately when it becomes apparent to me that it will not work for this reason (sometimes these things drift as quickly out of our system as in), and at least the day before if possible. The latest I think it is polite to provide such notice is the very morning before an appointment. The challenge is that I never want the lady to feel that I have skipped to avoid the appointment. I am sorry you aren't well, and hope you get better quickly - sometime giving ourselves time immediately for a hot bath, some rest, and some quality food is all we need.

Guest S***e

I have no reservation whatsoever in cancelling or postponing a session due to illness or due to not feeling quite in the pink and I welcome any lady to do likewise with me should the situation arise. Common courtesty and common sense should prevail.

This doesn't only apply to visits with your favourite lady. I've had two miserable summer colds thx to an inconsiderate co-worker, and some unknown person at the dentist's office.

Guest S***e

It sure doesn't take much Rick given the fact that we are finding ourselves in close contact in confined areas. I hate summer colds and no doubt you felt pretty miserable. Like I said, something has been and continues to be going around that's for sure. Hope everyone gets well and stays well. The hospitals are full of super-bugs now according to the news last evening...great get sick while you're there! Yikes.

This doesn't only apply to visits with your favourite lady. I've had two miserable summer colds thx to an inconsiderate co-worker, and some unknown person at the dentist's office.

Very well said, and I concur and would ask the ladies do the same. Also recently there has been a slew of posts where some ladies have been ranting about cancellations and have made comments about "lame" excuses such as "I'm sick etc". Remember sometimes these are legit so please don't tar us thoughtful ones with the same brush.

Very true...

For the record though, I prefer the cancellation... I'll take the lame excuse over even a guy who just not into me that day. We're all different so something that will annoy one of us may not bother the other so much.

I myself am guilty (recently even) of disbelieving a gent who said he was sick... I didn't fullly disbelieve him, was more miffed that he had to cancel last minute, but I questioned it all the same (Both of which I did tell him though..)

In the end, I'm happy he would chose to not see me rather than see me sick.

I'd rather be slightly annoyed for a few hours than sick.. any day!

I do generally try to give people the benefit of the doubt though as I would like the same when it comes to me.

I've heard it becomes a bigger problem the less a person makes as well... They don't want to lose money by taking time off or out of their busy schedule, but they don't seem to think that they're now inflicting other people to what they have.. possibly forcing them to take time off.

I really think more places should have policies where they send sick people home.. it's not fair that people who would have stayed at home now have to share contagious air.

Guest s******ecan****

I've heard it becomes a bigger problem the less a person makes as well... They don't want to lose money by taking time off or out of their busy schedule, but they don't seem to think that they're now inflicting other people to what they have.. possibly forcing them to take time off.

I really think more places should have policies where they send sick people home.. it's not fair that people who would have stayed at home now have to share contagious air.

Yes this is a real problem.

I remember last year during the flu scare CNN was interviewing a chambermaid who said she would have to keep coming to work even if she got sick because she couldn't take the time off and her employer did not provide sick days.

I'm self-employed now but I remember in my corporate days it was almost a badge of honour for some people to show up at work no matter how sick they got. Used to really piss me off. I took my sick days and still do....luckily my boss understands lol.

I was having allergy symptoms a few months bck and a client asked me if I had a cold. I didn't, but I could see how he might have thought that. So as much as I hate taking anti-histamines, I will because I don't think itchy, watery eyes and a bit of nasal drip are very attractive! Plus it's unpleasant for me too!

I went out this evening to a bar to see a band and when I've had chills and a sore throat since then. I really hope I am not coming down with anything.

Guest S***e

Rats!!! Woke up this morning with a headache, sore throat and runny nose...damned if I know where I got it as I felf fine yesterday while golfing. I must have picked it up from woodland creature while searching for my golf balls...arrgh. LOL

With recent scares like H1N1 and the related mass education on how to not transfer an illness, I am so surprised that people still aren't taking the time to consider those around them. Like someone mentioned, some people think that it is some badge that should be proudly worn when they come to work sick. I just don't get it.

Even where I work (at a hospital) there are staff who come to work very sick and don't think twice about transfering their illness to their co-workers, visitors or their already sick patients!! IMO people who show signs that they are under the weather (and may be contagious) at work should be sent home... esp. at a hospital where most of the people the staff would come in contact with may already be comprimised.

Sheesh, some people!! :ablow: