Most delicious...

Guest st*****ens**ors

Good food is worth travelling for! Where have you had some of your most memorable meals?

Best souvlaki in Toronto: Kings Diner on Kingston Rd.

This totally unassuming little diner serves up the best, most flavourful pork souvlaki I've ever had, accompanied by Greek salad, rice and lemon roasted potatoes. Unless you are a one person army or have a recessive anaconda gene, order the small portion!

My first time eating shawarma back in 2007. I went to a place in that little strip mall by Dooley's. I couldn't believe I lived for so many years without eating something so delicious. Though my go-to place is either Shawarma King downtown or Matar Market.

Honorable mention goes to the first time I tried duck leg confit, when I was a butcher's apprentice at Aubrey's. Most butcher shops sell it, and it's a lovely treat.

And while chocolate is not really a meal, it is worth mentioning that Stubbe Chocolates here in the Market makes the absolute best apricot brandy chocolates I have ever had.

Back in Victoria:

Milos for Greek food. Amazing atmosphere and excellent food.

Ali Baba pizza is hands-down the best in town.

And for home-cooked fare in a funky setting, John's Place downtown for lunch/dinner or Floyd's Diner for breakfast.

Best sushi in town is Japanese Village. The sushi chef is traditionally trained, speaks four languages and is the ultimate host (as a proper sushi chef ought to be). I don't do Westernized Japanese food, so I judge a sushi joint by the sushi chef, and he's the best I've had the pleasure to meet.

Guest st*****ens**ors

Best smoked meat in the Halifax area: Sydelles'. Tricky to find, utterly unpretentious, and deeply delicious!