Vacation stories...do you have any?

So I have just returned home from a weeks vacation to the New England area of the U.S. and I had a great week! The weather was great, the sites great and according to my wife so too was the shopping. All that aside being the ravid Boston Red Sox fan that I am got a special treat. Now I have seen many, many games at Fenway and other parks over the years and this trip was to be no exception...but there is an exception. After the game was over I got to go onto the field...THE field! Not only that but I actually got access to the Green Monster. Being the huge ball fan that I am this was a Monster experience to say the least. Oh yeah I also managed to "liberate" a small bag of the warning track to add to my den of memorabilia.

Anyway onto the reason for this thread, I am wondering who else has great vacation stories that they want to share.

back in '93 a buddy and i drove down to road island to visit a friend at college , salve regina . the opening scene of the schwarzenegger movie true lies was being shot there that week , you know , where he is escaping the party and running and skiing through the snow . we never met him or anyone else associated with the film but just an interesting side story .

our friend was going through midterms at the time of our visit so we ended up hanging out with one of his school buddies a lot . this guy , buzz , is 6'9" 360lbs without an once of fat on him and always had a couple of needles handy , hmmm . he took us to a bar , it was $25 each to get in , he got us in for free . we had to walk bout another 5 minutes go up a long flight of stairs where a bouncer was leting people , as soon as we got up to the door he closed it . he asked us where we think we are going , buzz told him in for a drink , bouncer said i dont think so ! buzz replied who are you to decide that , the bouncer said i am the bouncer . buzz goes oh well than bounce , picks him up like a 5lbs bag of potatos and throws him down the stairs , and the guy did bounce off of every stair .

as we walked inside my friend and i were ready for it all to go down , immediately this older man come over and he buzz began to " bro-out " we sat at a table with this guy , didnt pay for anything all night , and never was a word mentioned about what happened just outside the door .

congrats steve , the monster - wow !