Fantasy Island at the crossroads...

Guest discr33t

Let's say you've arrived at fantasy island. Think of the island equipped with the natural beauty of Hawaii, the freedom and safety of Costa Rica, and amenities that would put four seasons to shame.

You step out of the boat, and at the end of the landing is two paths. You must choose one for the week.

To the east is an anything goes between consenting adults, and there are many hungry eyes over there with no qualms about sharing.

To the west is a place of deeper connection with a single soul for the time on the island, and you see in the distance someone you think you may have met before in passing, who seems to be looking your way.

In addition you know that the connection(s) made only exists on fantasy island, and once you leave, they are just memories.

Many of us have a preference for the fantasy path, which would you normally choose, and what might draw you to the other side?

-----

My answer. In my more recent past, I lean towards the east and would enjoy a week of frivolity and copious memories. However, there is one person I've met only a couple of times, that I would enjoy getting to know better exclusively with the parameters that fantasy island would allow. If she had been looking my way I would go west.

Guest *Ste***cque**

Good question but easy for me to answer. For one week? I'd go east. Being happily married I already chose west many years ago. Sometimes it's nice though to see what's east, occasionally, and with the utmost discretion.

East. Definitely. No question. Plus, send word west that all are welcome. If she doesn't like a good party, who needs her? We're all having a blast! ;)

A year ago I would go east without any doubts (as I did for many years in this second life).

But during this year, I realized that I am still able to care about someone unconditionally, that one particular sole can give me much more than all other together. I almost forgot about that part of me. And now I would go west even if it is just a fantasy for a week - it would be the best week forever.

I go East. If I go West then it has to last forever - that's how I roll. I couldn't stand losing the intense emotional connection after one week.