Discretion vs motorcycle

As part of my midlife crisis I got a motorcycle. Then I started thinking, I can only go to home depot so many times before people ask why I was gone for 2-3 hours and all I got was a box of nails! Again!

I can take off on my bike and go for a joy ride (pun intended) and 6-8 hours is suddenly plausible. Bonus, I can't answer the phone and ride at the same time!

However, I was thinking it might be hard to pull up anywhere on a bike discreetly. I mean, I am not going to rev it and make a scene or anything juvenile, but bikes are far from stealthy.

Anyway, any thoughts? is it in bad form to show up on a bike as quietly as possible?

Buy a fancy road bike! I spend a few hours on my bike per ride.

You'll have to show up to the SP's place in lycra though..

Not sure if that might be fit for your roleplay scenario anyway

• Like 1

Been there but I ride a Beemer. Only bad form if discretion of the Lady is compromised from my point of view. Might be a nice little buzz for her. Might be worth the ask of the Lady if she's ok with it. Good to see other bikers here.

• Like 1

Just make sure you mention to the lady. I once lived in an area where part of the road turned to gravel. It was only about 100 meters, but it did create an issue for one gent. The other gent had no issues with it, but for the one, he was obviously a new rider, and riding on gravel was something he wasn't used to.

Enjoy your new ride!

• Like 1

I think it's sexy when a client shows up with a motorcycle! ;)

I've had clients drive up, park in visitors, text me they've arrived and I am completely fine with it. People ride bikes, people can do whatever they like to, if they walk, drive in a loud car, a nice one, show up in a limo, or a taxi, it doesn't bother me. I ensure it's discrete. I usually let said client know they don't need to say anything when buzzing and I'm at the door to open it for them so no knock needed.

If you look at it this way, those who drive, once they've parked and turned off their cars, engines, or whatever, they check their phones. Why? New laws you can't text and drive. So, if anyone really cares to know why it took you a long time to get out of your car, tell them that excuse.

• Like 1

Guest S****r

I operate in a high rise with visitor parking, so it is no issue at all. I have no idea how my friends happen to arrive unless they tell me.