Peas and Ques

Guest Prufrock Cummings

In six months of membership I've had, and responded to, perhaps twenty such requests without a single response, much less thanks.

I agree, it's a little irritating, and likely only a glimpse of the frustrations many of the ladies deal with.

Manners go a long way. It's a shame that the rude inquiries are sent to you gents as well. But it sure is insight into what some of us ladies get bombarded with simply because many are too lazy to introduce themselves, act polite and say thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes it is irritating when people do that whether it's here or when dealing with clients by text. Usually when people are very vague and do not take the time to introduce themselves or want quick details about something, I wont bother in taking the time myself.

A text message such as "Rates, location?" Without even so much as a hello won't receive a response from me.

Lately I've been getting nice introductions from gentlemen but I think it is because I expect nothing less so with that mindset, it has to happen. Expect the best and that's what you will get.

Guest *Ste***cque**

Poor manners, rudeness and brevity are symptoms of a lazy, online world. The least amount of effort is encouraged. Sadly that includes saying "Thanks".

It takes longer to write a short, thoughtful, to the point post/letter, than to text, tweet or peck out some gem like "rates, location, when?"

What would Mark Twain have to say about the online world?

I thought I was being pranked because I'm new lol.

It's ridiculous how some people can't acknowledge the other party after they receive a message, especially when they initiated contact, it is very tough for us providers to know if the message was received or not and the last thing we want is to come across as unprofessional but at the same time we don't want to be pushy so when no response is received back we're left in a dilemma and is pretty uncomfortable to have to ask for what is common courtesy.

If my rates, my area, my restrictions don't work for someone that is totally fine, even if they come across someone they like better, I know that's how this business works and there's no need to give reasons on why a booking won't be made and I'm sure no professional lady will ever question that. A simple thank you and I'll be in touch if I decide to book would suffice to me and I'm sure to most of us.

If for some reason I don't feel comfortable meeting someone I'll send a message to let them know, not just ignore them and in a perfect world it would be the same when someone decides not to spend time with me or something comes up, but unfortunately in every industry most people think is alright not to acknowledge the service provider of whatever decision has been made, I've probably done it myself and will try to avoid doing it again in the future so please be nice and don't make me ask for a 'read-receipt' ;)

Guest Prufrock Cummings
Poor manners, rudeness and brevity are symptoms of a lazy, online world. The least amount of effort is encouraged. Sadly that includes saying "Thanks".

It takes longer to write a short, thoughtful, to the point post/letter, than to text, tweet or peck out some gem like "rates, location, when?"

What would Mark Twain have to say about the online world?

I think that Twain would have a field-day of memes about the online world!

I just want to say thank you to everyone who responded with their stories, I appreciate you for sharing!

On a hopeful note, this morning I had opened a tinted glass door to enter a building, not realizing that someone was on the other side. "After you" the gentleman said to me. "No, I have my hand holding the door, you can go first" I said. "No, I insist" he replied. OMG, we had a nice-off! We both laughed! That was at 6:00 am, so I'm sure that tiredness made the whole exchange giddy while we laughed. Manners still exist. :)