Fake reviews - advice?

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all enjoying the sun this weekend:)

I just had a client refer me to a review someone had written about me. The contents of the review are not factual and could lead to misunderstandings and potentially dangerous situations (e.g., it says I am into hardcore BDSM and provide full service to anyone etc...). The review was not posted on this site, but is available online. Does anyone know the best course of action here? I'm leaning towards simply ignoring it and informing any future clients that what they read in that review is not me.

ANY Advice?

XOX

Kat

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all enjoying the sun this weekend:)

I just had a client refer me to a review someone had written about me. The contents of the review are not factual and could lead to misunderstandings and potentially dangerous situations (e.g., it says I am into hardcore BDSM and provide full service to anyone etc...). The review was not posted on this site, but is available online. Does anyone know the best course of action here? I'm leaning towards simply ignoring it and informing any future clients that what they read in that review is not me.

ANY Advice?

XOX

Kat

Couple options quickly off the top of my head.

1. Contact the moderator of the board that review is posted on to tell him it is a false and misleading review and you would like it removed

2. Post in the Warnings Section about the false review so anyone

contacting you off Lyla knows that review is not true and won't have false expectations

That's all I can think of right now

Good Luck

RG

I think I know which website you're refering to. And I suspect the reviews could be "computer" generated... I don't think there's much you can do, other than ignoring it like you said and tell people it is a false/fake review. I dealt with a girl and she also was in your situation. And did you notice that the reviews are never negative and makes it seem like "that girl" is the best in the world! lol. Good luck.

Yes, actually the whole thing is quite clever and it deserves description here - in case others are in the same boat.

The add uses my name (there are as far as my research thus far indicates - no other providers in Ottawa who uses this name). It includes details that make the add believable in that it includes reference to my sensual massages, my openness towards men and women alike, the type of location etc. Curiously, it also describes activities that I have engaged in previously, in my own private life, fairly accurately. The picture though, is stolen from another girl who shares many of my physical features (and who as far as I am aware does not herself advertise thusly) - and this is the kicker because... it prevents me from claiming that my image was used without my consent and in an inappropriate (and illegal!) fashion. This leaves me with no recourse.

I filled out the "contact form" on the site - which always results in an error message preventing me from proceeding (lending further support for this being an entirely fake add).

The concerning aspect of this add however, is that it indicates that I am willing to engage in any sexual activity with anyone ...at any time and any place. Indeed, given that the add is open to the public and graphically describes sexual activities for sale means, under the current legislation, that the poster could be prosecuted (under current procurement laws) and the site administrators could be as well (according to recent legislation - December 2014). That is, they could if the add was for a real person...

And yes, the review was "positive" in that the writer seemed to have had a good time with this fictional character...but the end result could be incredibly negative for me.

So..all this to say... I advise others in the adult industry to google their name and look carefully at the content that comes up. Document everything (as I do - screenshots etc) Better to be aware of these things right away and take the necessary steps to protect yourself.

Happy weekend everyone

K

Additional Comments:

as soon as I said procurement...it was gone. I have the picture that was (presumably) used without her consent though. Anyone know her so she can be warned?

album.php?albumid=11559&pictureid=78886

• Like 4