Martin Gray - A tribute to a dear friend...

It all started with ''For those I loved'' (''Au nom de tous les miens''), and then, ''Human House'' (''La maison humaine'')...

Martin Gray is born April 27, 1922, in Varsovie, and died April 25th 2016, in Belgium. He survived the Holocaust, and shared his story with the world in a way where we can still have hope for a world gone to s**t.

He has suffered treamondous events in his life, including the loss of his family during the war, and then, again, in a house fire. Twice, all gone.

I had the chance of spending couple of hours with the man, in front of a coffee in Montreal. And I have learned sooo much.

Martin is the one that made me realize that there wasn't two sides on a coin, but to open my mind enough to see the third side.

He also thought me that no matter how bad, painful and cruel life can be, sun is always rising somewhere...

Thank you Martin for these marvelous lessons that allows me to continue, head up, to lead a life filled with challenges, and always hold tight to my convictions, always in a way to respect who I am.

Thank you my friend for the difference you have made in my life. You will always have a special place in my memories...

• Like 6