RIP - Ali the Greatest

It was very sad to learn that one of the greatest sport persons in the world had passed.

RIP.... Ali.

Muhammad Ali, simply 'The Greatest,' dead at 74

Muhammad Ali, the eloquent, colorful, controversial and brilliant three-time heavyweight boxing champion who was known as much for his social conscience and staunch opposition to the Vietnam War as for his dazzling boxing skills, died Friday.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/muhammad-ali--simply--the-greatest---dead-at-74-042902069.html

• Like 2

Guest *Ste***cque**

He was a great ambassador for sport. Nobody could trash talk like Ali.

Some of my favourites that I also, jokingly, used occasionally:

"If you even dream of beating me you better wake up and apologize."

"a man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

He will be missed.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

his opposition of the Vietnam War was done at a time that was not popular; them movement did not catch on until a year after he refused service.

Cassius Clay, Mr. Ali, was my childhood hero, I was saddened to hear of his passing.

I am also saddened with the passing of Muhammad Ali. For many of the youngsters here, he was an athlete from the boxing world when boxing was a real sport but he transcended the world of athletics for many of us of my generation.

He certainly was the ultimate showman in and out of the ring, but he became a quiet spokesman for black people, for Muslims and for all, in the way that he lived his life. For all of us he was the peaceful ambassador and I am sorry to see him go.

MN2

• Like 1